Two

I woke up to Alice weakly shaking me. "Mia. Hurry before you're late." I looked at Alice. She was even getting worse.

"You need to get extra money today as well as the money for the sketch in case the price went up." Alice said going over and sitting on her cot.

"The... The white lace dress that's in my closet. The one I mended wear that. It'll make you look good." Alice told me. I gave a nod grabbing the dress she told me to and changed into it.

Alice smiled as I walked back out. The dress was knee length and I already felt warmer than what I usually was. Alice stood up with me holding her arm as she fixed my hair so my curly red hair fell over my back.

"You may have been older than her but you look so much like Izzie." Alice said. I tried to keep the smile on my face.

Izzie was our younger sister that we had lost about six months ago at the start of the disease. She was two years younger than Scarlet and she was so sweet. It was sad to see her die.

Alice grabbed my sketch book from the stand and handed it to me. "You better get going. I don't know how much longer we will last." Alice said sitting back down. I gave a nod. "Okay. I'll be back as soon as I can."

I took a glance over at Scarlet who was still asleep. I pulled the blankets over her again, kissing her forehead before I walked down the street to the center of the town.

"Hey Heaven." Mrs. Clare called to me. I walked over to her and tried to smile. "I'm going to have to leave at about noon today. My sister isn't looking well." I told her. Mrs. Clare gave a nod.

Mrs. Clare was alot more understanding of my situation than what Miss Baker or anyone else was.

I walked over to the bench and began to sketch the scene in front of me. I tried to avoid eye contact with anyone especially Ash if he was to come back. The last thing I wanted was to see him today.

Not having Ash around didn't last long as I felt snow falling down onto the top of my head. Soon enough Ash came and sat down next to me.

"Look who's back again. Are we going to have a conversation today?" He asked. I sighed and kept sketching. "Why won't you talk to me?" He asked. "I'm not a person you want to know." I whispered to Ash. "That's not true." He told me.

This man doesn't even know me and he thinks he does. Why can't he just leave me alone? Why can't he let me be my broken self and let me be alone with my sister's?

"Mrs. Clare. Its done." I walked over to Mrs. Clare and handed her the sketch. She looked at it and smiled. "Those hands of yours are talented that's for sure. Do you do anything else other than sketch?" Mrs. Clare asked. I shook my head. "I need to go. My sister's are going to get their last dose." Mrs. Clare gave a nod and handed me some money. I gave a nod in thanks and walked over grabbing my bag.

Ash grabbed my wrist as I went to walk away. "Don't touch me." I hissed yanking my arm away. Ash looked surprised. "Feisty aren't we?" Ash asked with a smile. I just stood there and glared at him.

"Oh come on. I'm not that bad." Ash said. "No. You only want to talk to me because it's good for your ego. I won't be used for your ego. Not yours or anyone's." I said walking away.