Four

I flinched as Ash wrapped the last bit of bandage around my neck. "What do you think happened?" I asked Eli. "I don't know." He responded putting the gauges back in the box.

I thanked him and stood up, putting the box away. "I need to go." Ash said. I gave a nod as he left.

I sat down for a second before jumping back up and walking toward the hospital.

"Where are Scarlet and Alice Coalt?" I asked the lady at the desk. "Room 313." She said not looking up. I thanked her walking down to that room.

I walked in and seen Alice sitting up on the bed. "Hey." I said coming in and sitting in the chair beside the bed.

"Mia. What happened to your neck?" Alice asked in worry. "Oh I was uh... Attacked I guess." I told her. "Well you sure didn't do these bandages." Alice said. "No a guy from town stopped by and he got attacked too. He did mine." I told Alice.

Alice had always been more of a worrier than I ever was. She was the oldest out of all of our siblings and always looked after us.

She gave a nod. "Hows Scarlet?" I asked. "She's asleep." Alice said glancing to the other side of the curtain.

"I'm going to go lay with her for a bit. You get some rest." Alice gave a nod as I walked around and looked at Scarlet.

I lay down on the bed with Scarlet holding her close to me. Her eyes flickered open and looked at me.

"Hey baby." I said rubbing her arm. Scarlet smiled. "Hey."

I leaned over to my bag and pulled out a stuffed rabbit for Scarlet. It was her favorite thing. It made her feel safe.

"Thank you." She said hugging it close to her. "You're welcome baby. How do you feel?" I asked. "Better." Scarlet said looking up and moving closer to me.

I put the blankets on her tighter. "You get some sleep now. I'll be here when you wake up." I told Scarlet. She nodded laying closer to me.

I smiled stroking her hair until she was finally asleep. She would be alright. They would both be alright.