Fifteen

Ash once again ran out of beer so I had to go get more. I wished every day of my life he would die drinking that damned beer.

I could have tried to slip something into his drink but he would know right away and kill me.

I walked along the trail to town, hugging my arms near where my stomach was. Soon I wouldn't be able to make this walk. I always tried to keep the portions of what I ate small so that just the size of the baby showed.

I walked into the store and seen Jonah standing at the counter, pulling the beer case up. I paid for it but Jonah stopped me a moment.

Jonah walked around the counter and gently took the hood off of my head. He raised my head up to look at my face and out of instinct I slapped him across the face. "Don't you bloody touch me!" I said, zipping my jacket back up but Jonah noticed. He noticed my stomach.

"You- you're pregnant?" Jonah whispered. I nodded, head down. "Don't say anything. You're the only one that knows." I whispered, pulling the hood back over my head.

I quickly grabbed the case of beer, shoving it in the bag I now carried when I came to get his beer and left.

I tried to hurry down the path but half way there I was out of breath and had to stop, leaning against a tree.

I straightened up when I heard growling of a wolf type creature behind me. I whirled around quickly and looked at the creature which indeed was a wolf but it was bigger than a regular wolf.

My hand shot to my pocket, bringing the butterfly knife out of it as I stuck it behind my back, opening it.

The wolf shot at me, pushing me into the ground as I used the knife and sliced a cut down its shoulder. It winced in pain but kept me to the ground but I kept fighting.

It's paws dug up dirt as it struggled to keep me down. This time instead of slicing down its shoulder I stabbed the blade straight into it, causing the wolf to stumble off of me. I took my chance and ran, grabbing my bag before taking off down the path.

I held onto my stomach as I ran but I didn't get far. Strong hands gripped my arm suddenly, causing me the gasp. That didn't stop me, though. I fought to get away from the person but they were alot stronger than I was. I looked up to see a woman, at least the age of eighteen. She threw me forward and I quickly wrapped my arms around my stomach to protect my unborn child.

I rolled across the ground before sitting up quickly, scooting back against a tree. The wolf from before morphed into a human, standing taller than Ash.

He walked toward me, making me bring my legs up to my chest. He bent down Infront of me, brushing some of my red hair away from my face.

"Don't worry," he told me gently. "We aren't going to hurt you or your babies." He moved slightly away from my face as I went wide eyed.

"Babies?" I whispered. He nodded. "Yes. You'll be having more than one. Twins. A boy and a girl." I put my hand back on my stomach, feeling them kick inside of me.

"Who are you?" I asked. "My name is Colin and that is my sister Wren." Colin told me, standing up. He reached a hand down to help me up and after a few minutes I took it.

"Your name is Heavenly Rose Coalt. You are with Benjamin Moore. He is a killer of our kind. He lied to you about why we were after him. We come from a community of protection. We protect all those from the supernatural realm. Vampires, werewolves, angels, demons. All are protected. We've watched you come through here since day one providing for him. We have an offer for you, Heavenly-" I cut Colin off.

"Please. Call me Mia." I told him. Colin dipped his head.

"Mia. We want you to kill him. He deserves death. You know yourself he does. If you can manage to kill him you may come with us. We will watch after you. Protect you and your children. We will know when you try to do it but you must do it before the children are born." Colin told me.

He was right. Ash deserved death. He deserved to die and every muscle in me screamed he did.

"I'll do it. I'll kill him."