Twleve

I gasped as I looked down at the test result. He was going to kill me if he ever found out.

No. This isn't real. This kind of thing doesn't happen to people like me. This kind of thing happens to those people on TV. Not people like me.

This kind of thing doesn't happen to worthless people like me. I wasn't supposed to be pregnant especially not like this with the father of my baby being a rapist and an abusive asshole.

I quickly threw the test in the trash can before standing up and looking at myself in the mirror.

The makeup I always put on to hide the bruises was now running down my face from all my crying.

I wiped the makeup off before walking into the living room, shaking from complete fear as I sat down.

"What's wrong with you?" Ash asked, taking a drink from the bottle of beer.

Oh you know just knocked up thanks to you.

I wouldn't dare say that. I truly had to be stupid to do something like that.

"Nothing's wrong. Do you need more beer?" I asked Ash. I would do anything to get away from him. Ash nodded. He handed me the money for the beer before I left as quick as I could.

I walked down the path, looking down at my stomach, noticing the bulge in it.

He had done that to me two months ago. Every time since then that he has tried to touch me I would slap him away, earning twenty hits for each slap.

I walked into the store, bell chiming as I opened the door. "Hey, Mia." Joseph greeted me, grabbing a twelve pack of beer, knowing by now that's what I came in here for.

"Thanks." I said, paying for the beer just when someone I never thought I would ever see again came out.

Jonah Sheppard.

The boy I grew up with.

The boy who was there for me when I needed him but had disappeared from Martian just merely two years ago.

"Jonah?" I asked, going wide eyed when he responded with a nod.

He came around the counter, grabbing my waist and picking me up, hugging me tightly. I could feel the excitement coming off of him in waves.

I thought he was dead honestly. Everyone did. He had disappeared a few years ago going to another town to get things for his father who was now dead.

"I can't believe you're here." I told Jonah, holding on to him. I never wanted to let go of him. I never wanted to let him escape my grasp. I never wanted him to leave me again.

His only response to what I said was,"I can't believe you drink."