Twenty-one

The first of my two children to be born was Sam who was perfectly fine unlike Astrid.

"Mia, Astrid's umbilical cord is wrapped around her neck. I'm going to do everything I can to make sure she's okay but I need you to just stay calm for me." Wren told me as I looked at Sam who was in Colin's arms.

Soon enough Astrid was born and when she didn't cry I immediately started to freak out. "Is she okay? Please tell me she's okay." Wren wouldn't answer me, just stood over Astrid trying to save her.

Astrid's cry brought me to tears as Wren walked over with Astrid in her arms, her cry echoing off the walls. I looked into her face and was instantly in love. She looked just like me. Astrid had red hair and blue eyes just like me.

She was so cute I could barely keep myself from crying. She looked more like me than I had ever thought possible. Sam was the same except he had green eyes.

Suddenly I screamed out in pain as my body started to suddenly shake, causing Wren to hand Astrid to Colin who quickly put them in a crib.

"What's wrong with her?" Colin asked, stroking my hair back and holding my hand.

"She's dying. I have to turn her, Colin. There's no way this is fixable. It's something internal and unless I turn her now she will die and I won't be able to bring her back." Wren said, quickly moving over to my arm, biting into it, injecting her venom that would turn me completely. There was no way I could ever be a human again now.

</3

Astrid's cry snapped me away from my drawing, causing me to quickly get up and go over to the crib where she was. Astrid always cried and fussed more than Sam did. I could tell that tonight was going to be one of those nights where she would have to sleep with me.

Astrid always reminded me so much of Scarlet. When she was younger she always cried and got scared at night to the point I just started sharing a bed with her.

Astrid and Sam were now four days old now and I just loved them. When you have kids your body is put through so much pain but it is put through it to make you love them more. The more pain you go through for them the more you love them, the closer you come to them.

I never slept because I am now a vampire but that gave me more time with my kids. They wouldn't be full vampires, just half vamps.

Oh yeah and turns out I'm half witch. My mother was a witch but for the witch to awaken your body has to be put through a great deal of pain and well turns out childbirth does just that.

Astrid and Sam would never in a million years know who their dad was and it was going to stay that way even if I have to die. I won't let my kids feel as though they are some killers children and a waste because they aren't. They are the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me...