Eighteen

Ash threw me off the couch roughly, causing me to land on my side.

"What the hell was that for?!" I yelled, sitting up. Ash glared at me, sitting down on the couch and turning the TV on.

Since we came to this damn cabin all he does is drink and watch TV.

Ash looked at me as I got back on the couch. "Did I tell you you could sit there?" Ash asked. I glared at him. "Do I look like I give a damn?"

I was going to get myself slapped I knew that for sure. I knew better than to back talk him but being pregnant doesn't help me not flip out.

Ash stood up and grabbed my arm, pushing me against the wall. "You know better than to back talk me. You are about to get what you deserve." Ash said, raising his fist up to hit me.

On instinct, I did the first thing I could think of. I grabbed the knife from my pocket and stabbed it into his shoulder before he even had a chance to hit me.

Ash moved back, gripping his shoulder in pain, trying to get the knife out but I wouldn't give him that chance.

I quickly grabbed the case from the table and slammed it over his head, knocking him to the floor. I jumped when Colin busted the door down, standing in the corner of the room watching as I tried to finish him off.

I looked around the room for anything I could use to finish him off with.  My eyes darted to the kitchen where the block holding the knives were.

I grabbed the biggest knife I could find before running back over and slicing Ash's neck, killing him within seconds.

I sat back, watching as the blood pool out around Ash's neck before I finally stood up. "You did good. We need to go before Wren gets her to dispose of the body." Colin said, leading me outside.

Ash was dead. I had my freedom back and within the next month I would have my two kids here with me.