Three

"Alice. Scarlet. We can get it. We can get the next dose. We even have extra money for some food." I said rushing into the house. I stopped dead in my tracks as I seen Alice sitting beside Scarlet on the verge of tears.

"She's barely hanging on. We need to go now." Alice said going over to the box where we kept the money and grabbing it. I hurried and picked Scarlet up wrapping a blanket around her.

Scarlet's breathing was rapid and she had broken out into a cold sweat. I ran as fast as I could but still tried to keep up with Alice. At this point I didn't care if I got sick. I just wanted them to live.

I needed my sisters. They were my life and I would fall apart without them. They were all I had left.

I ran into the hospital and watched as one of the doctors came over and took Scarlet lying her down on a bed and doing the same with Alice.

I nearly collapsed to my knees but I stopped myself for the most part. A nurse came over and grabbed my arm keeping me from falling.

"They'll be fine. You need to go home and get some rest." I gave a nod standing up straight now and walking back home.

§

I sighed as there was a knock on the door. "I told you give me a week, Larry. I'll get the rent to yo-" I stopped as I seen who was at the door. "Ash. What are you doing here?" I asked stepping away from the door.

"I heard you managed to get your sisters their last dose." Ash said walking in and closing the door. "Uh yeah. I thought I told you I didn't want to know you." I told him.

"I'm not using you for my ego. I actually think your quite attractive. Feisty even. You put up a good fight." Ash told me with a smile. "Yeah well when you live with getting a knife or gun pointed at you your whole childhood you kind of have to be." I told Ash, taking the sheets off of Scarlet and Alice's beds and throwing them in the wash.

I walked over toward the door as there was a knock. I opened it and gasped as I was shoved against the wall the same being done to Ash as 2 people came in.

I gasped as I felt something go into my neck. I turned my head and seen the person had sank their teeth into my neck. My body went cold as they dropped me onto the ground doing the same to Ash before leaving.

I sat up against the wall and put a finger where the person had bit into it. I pulled it away and looked at the red on my finger. Blood. My blood.

Ash ran over to me and watched me worriedly. "Are you okay? Mia, you're bleeding." Ash said looking at my neck. "So are you."

What the heck just happened to us?