Prologue

The man with the black hair stood over the blond one, a scowl visible on his face.

"You owe me money, Gideon." The black haired man snarled.

Gideon cowered back. "Please, Liam. I need more time--"

Liam's fists clenched. "I gave you 5 goddamn years to come up with the money. And you're still begging?" He held up his fist as if he were to punch him.

"Dad?"

The soft voice came from the door. Liam's head shot up and he raised his eyebrows at the girl in the doorway. Dirty red brown hair made its way to the bottom of her small breasts, and sapphire blue eyes stared back in confusion. "Dad?" She asked again. She smiled politely at Liam, though fear was evident in her blue eyes.

"And who're you, sir?" She asked, the smile still on her face.

"No one of importance." He replied smoothly.

Gideon started shaking. "Victoria, please go."

Victoria frowned. It was not a good look on her pretty face. "What is going on?"

"Nothing. Take your siblings out."

She opened her mouth to speak, but seemed to think better of it and turned to leave. "Goodbye, Mr. Santiago."

Liam stared after her. He had not introduced himself. How did she know who he was?

Liam turned back to Gideon. "Can you pay me back?"

Gideon shook his head. "No." He whispered.

Liam knelt down next to him. "There is something else I want that can make up for the money you owe."

Gideon nodded vigorously. "What is it?"

Liam smiled coldly. "Your daughter."

Gideon's eyes widened. "V-Victoria?"

Liam nodded. "My son needs to get married soon. I think your daughter would make a good wife."

"W-wife? To Jacob Santiago?"

Liam smirked. "Your daughter used to be the daughter of a millionaire. Now she'll be the wife of a billionaire. Jacob will keep her satisfied."

Gideon shook his head. "No. Please not my Victoria. She means so much to me."

"Which is exactly my point." Liam's smirk widened. "Don't worry. Nothing bad will happen to her. Jake will keep her satisfied with whatever she needs."

Gideon snarled. "You asshole. Victoria will never agree to this."

"I never asked if she would agree. Now what will it be old man? Your whole family or Victoria?"

Gideon's head hung low. "Will he take good care of her?" He whispered.

Liam examined his nails. "Depends."

"She's only 19 years old. Don't do anything too drastic. Please."

"Jacob is 21. She will adjust to his life. She will be better off with him, then here, fishing food out of garbage cans." Liam rolled his eyes. "What will it be, Gideon Hale?"

Gideon swallowed visibly. "Victoria."

Liam grinned. "Good. My men will be here tomorrow." He turned to leave, but looked back at the cowardly man in front of him. "He will take good care of her. The world is too cruel to lose such a sweet soul. He will make sure she is okay." Liam said softly.

Gideon seemed to relax at his words, but only a little. "Just please don't abuse her. She doesn't deserve it."

"Jake would never do that, and I wouldn't let him." Liam turned back to the door. "I'll show myself out. Have a good day."

He closed the door behind him, hearing the helpless sobs of Gideon Hale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how was that? It's not good I know. Please excuse any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes. Those are Victoria's eyes. Hoped you liked it. If you did, please vote and comment.

~Sazeda