Chapter 9: Victoria

[VICTORIA]

I woke up that following morning with a severe headache.

"Shit," I hissed, clutching my head with my hands. The pounding in my head increased, causing me to groan in pain.

Knowing that I had to get out of bed, I dragged myself to the bathroom. My stomach jolted and the next thing I knew, I was kneeling over the toilet bowl, puking up my guts.

I closed my eyes and pressed my forehead to the cold bathroom floor. "Oh my god," I breathed.

And then I was puking again.

When I was done, I stood on shaky legs and made my way to the sink. I brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth until I got the taste of vomit out of my mouth. I stepped into the shower and scrubbed my skin until it was red and I felt that the man's touch was gone.

I grabbed a robe and wrapped it around me. Walking to my closet I picked out a red tank top and black jeans. Pulling on my underwear and bra, I slipped on the clothes. I walked to my mirror, and took a quick swipe at my eyes with eyeliner and mascara and dabbed under my eyes with concealer. Satisfied with my appearance, I grabbed my flats and went downstairs.

I entered the kitchen, to see Jake in front of the stove, shirtless, his jeans riding low on his hips. I froze, taking in the muscles in his back and arms. They flexed as he cooked, and I felt the urge to lick them.

Jake turned around, his eyebrows raised. "Are you done checking me out?"

I licked my lips as I stared at his six pack. "Give me another minute."

Jake smirked. "Take your time." He turned to the counter and slid me a glass. "Drink this." He instructed.

I stared at the glass filled with a disgusting thick green liquid. "I'd rather not."

Jake rolled his eyes. "Hangover juice. You're welcome."

I eyed the glass. "What's it made of?"

Jake winked. "That's a secret."

I pinched my nose and tipped the contents into my mouth. I had the urge to throw up again as I forced myself to swallow.

I put the glass down, shivering in disgust. "Ew."

Jake shrugged and turned back to the stove. "Everyone left already. It's just us."

"That tasted horrible!"

Jake looked at me over his shoulder. "But don't you feel better now?"

"N—yeah." I realized.

He smirked again. "Exactly."

I scowled before taking a deep breath. "Thank you."

Jake turned around and cupped his ear. "Sorry, what was that?"

I gritted my teeth. "Thank you." I tilted my head to the side. "Friend." I elbowed him in the ribs.

Jake cringed. "Please don't say that word."

"Why not, friend?"

Jake looked up at the ceiling before he sighed. "When I agreed to be your friend, I didn't know you would do this."

I smirked. "Too bad."

Jake groaned. "Oh Lord."

I shrugged and leaned forward. "So what are you making?"

He leaned away from me. "You smell like alcohol."

"Well I drank some yesterday, you see," I said sweetly.