Bonus Chapter

This chapter skips around a lot time wise because it's about a whole year of their lives. It also sets up information for some of my future books :)

[VICTORIA]

Two Years Later

I stared down at the pregnancy test in my hands and the word 'pregnant' on it.

"Fuck," I whispered to myself. Not again.

I stood up from where I had been sitting on the floor and washed my hands before splashing my face. I stared at myself in the mirror to see if I could see some sign of pregnancy in my face.

My phone pinged, bringing me out of my reverie. Crossing over to my bed, I looked over the text.

Jake Santiago 6:43 PM

Are you busy right now? Can you FaceTime me?

I grinned at my phone before settling into bed and opening up my laptop. I put my AirPods into my ears and placed the call. I only had to wait a few seconds before he accepted.

"Where's Sebastian?" I asked as soon as the call connected.

Jake rolled his eyes. From what I could see, he looked tired and had slight stubble along his jaw.

"No hello for your husband then?" He muttered under his breath as he moved to go pick up our son.

When Sebastian came into view, I smiled as big as possible. He had his father's hair and face structure, but the eyes that stared back at me were mine.

"Hi baby," I gushed. "I miss you."

Sebastian smiled and clamored out of Jake's grip to get closer to the laptop.

"Mommy!" He said excitedly, just as he did every time he saw me. His small hands reached forward as if he could touch me through the screen.

When I had gotten pregnant with Sebastian, I was in my third year of college. I decided to take a gap year to take care of myself and raise him once I gave birth. I went back and and was now in my final year to get my bachelors in engineering and applied science before going to the University of Southern California to get my degree in music. I sometimes regretted staying in California when my family was in New York but Jake insisted that I follow my dreams especially when some of the best schools were in Cali.

Sebastian was basically passed between the two of us as if we were divorced. I had him some weeks and Jake had him some other. With my finals coming up for my final year, Jake had taken Sebastian so that I could focus more on my studies. Even though I missed my son terribly, I knew that as soon as I was done with my finals I could join both of them in New York.

And tell my husband that I was pregnant again.

"I'll see you soon, Sebastian," I said softly. "Two more weeks!"

He nodded vigorously. "Love you, Mommy," he said sincerely.

I smiled back. "I love you more, baby."

Jake pulled Sebastian back onto his lap. "It's time for you to go to sleep, buddy." He ruffled his hair. "You'll see her soon." He turned back to me. "I'll just go ask Ivy to put him down for a nap. Hold on."