Chapter 39: Victoria

I broke the pattern :( oh well. There is some smut so if you don't like that just skip over it. It starts and ends at the ~ symbol. I don't know why I wrote it lmao I guess cause it's the last chapter and I was feeling sentimental 💀

[VICTORIA]

Five days later

Every time I thought of my drunk phone call to Jacob, I just about died of embarrassment.

I didn't acknowledge our conversation after, even though I received a text from him every day telling me that he loved me. I never opened the messages but reading them made me feel giddy inside.

I cursed myself for feeling that way. I shouldn't be giving in so easily. I shouldn't even be forgiving him, but I knew that I already had.

God, I'm pathetic.

My phone vibrated on the nightstand. I reached over and picked it up to read the text.

Jacob Santiago, 9:13 PM

I love you.

I grinned at my phone, even though I didn't respond.

If you were married, he'd be able to say it to you everyday...

I shook the thought out of my head. I was twenty years old! Who the hell got married that early?

Yet as I thought about it more, I couldn't help but find it appealing. I knew he was the only one for me. I knew him better than anyone; we grew up together. When it came to money, we would definitely be financially secure. And the best part would be that I could call Jacob Santiago my husband.

He'd proved that he was willing to stand by my side when he turned Ava in. He proved his sincerity and love for me when he got down on one knee and proposed.

Maybe it isn't such a bad idea?

I unlocked my phone and placed a call.

"Hello?" Ivy's breathy voice greeted me.

"Hey," I said, sitting up on my bed.

"Do you—fuck—do you need anything?" She asked.

I narrowed my eyes. "Are you with Alex right now?"

"What? No, of course not!" She yelped out.

"Um, okay. Can you help me out with something?"

"What is it?"

"Is Jake still in California?"

There was a pause on the phone. "Yeah, he is. Why do you ask?"

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Where is he staying?"

"Do you want me to send you the address of the hotel?" She questioned.

"Yes! That would be great actually!" I exclaimed.

"Okay, I'll send it now."

"Great! You can get back to whatever you were doing with Alex now." I let out a small laugh.

"Sorry," I heard Alex speak into the phone.

I smiled. "I'll see you guys some time soon."

I hung up and ran into the bathroom. I took a shower and washed my hair. I made sure to exfoliate and shave off every hair on my body other than the hair on my head and my eyebrows. I applied lotion to make my skin as soft as possible. I wrapped a towel around myself and dried my hair. After doing my makeup, I put on a dark red strapless bodycon dress with nothing underneath. I put my hair down in loose waves the way he liked it. I looked down at myself, mentally patting myself on the back for getting my nails done yesterday. I put on a leather jacket to cover myself until I made it to the car.