Chapter 5: Victoria

[VICTORIA]

I hate shopping.

I always have and always will.

So when Amy and Ivy started dragging me around the mall, I was not looking forward to my day.

"Come on!" Ivy said happily. "This is going to be so fun!"

"Yeah," I mumbled. "So fun."

Amy lead us to a store on the far right, beckoning us to follow her.

As soon as we entered, the sales associate's eyes widened. "M-M-Miss Décaríe!" She stuttered. "I didn't know you were coming today."

Amy smiled at her. "Neither did I."

The sales associate stood up straight. "Is there anything I can help you with?" She trembled slightly as she spoke.

Amy shook her head. "Not today. But thank you."

Ivy nodded to the lady and I gave her a sparing glance before following them to the back. My hands were already full of shopping bags and there were more in the trunk of Ivy's car.

"Why the heck did we buy lingerie?" I asked, annoyed.

Amy smirked at me. "Most of it is for Ivy."

Ivy gaped at her. "What?"

Amy winked at me. "We bought lingerie for you because you're going to be fucking Jake sometime soon."

My eyes widened. "WHAT?" The soft chatter in the room instantly quieted.

"What?" I whispered harshly.

Ivy grinned at me. "Are you trying to tell us that you have no attraction to my brother?"

I frowned at her. "I mean, sure, he's hot, but that's all he has going for him."

"You think he's hot?" Amy cried out.

I shifted uncomfortably. "Um, sure."

Amy nodded thoughtfully, before shoving the dresses in her hands into mine. "Go try these on." She ordered.

I locked the door of the fitting room and looked at myself in the mirror. I was all skin and bones. I hadn't had a proper meal in 3 years. Last night was the first I had been able to actually eat.

I tried the first dress on, which was a dark purple. The sleeveless dress hugged my torso before flaring out at the waist and stopping an inch above my knees. The rhinestones circled my waist like a belt. It was a beautiful dress and would've probably looked better on Ivy. The dress only emphasized the bones that stuck out of my back.

I stepped out of the room, clearing my throat to get the girls' attention.

Amy smiled. "That looks really pretty."

I snorted. "Yeah, pretty ugly."

Ivy frowned. "It really is pretty. Once you start eating on a regular basis, the dress will fit you better."

I shrugged. "Whatever."

Every dress I tried on had the same problem as the first one: my bones stuck out and made me look sick. Every dress, Ivy and Amy said the same thing: "Buy it. Once you start eating again, the dress will look prettier."