Chapter 6: Victoria

[VICTORIA]

It's been six days since I've signed the contract.

Six days since I've been 'engaged' to a demon.

A very sexy demon.

A very sexy demon I hadn't talked to since my argument with him in the kitchen.

Anytime I did see him, he'd quickly walk away. Any problem I had was to be reported to Amy or Ivy.

Whenever I tried to talk to him, our conversations would go a little something like this:

Me: Hey Jake.

Jake: Go away.

Me: Why aren't you talking to me?

Jake: Don't you have somewhere to be?

Me: No.

Jake: Oh, well, I have a meeting.

Me: Wait. Why are you ignoring me? What did I—?

Jake: I need to go.

Me: Jake, come on.

Jake: Any complaints you have can be told to Ivy or Amy. Now. If you'll excuse me.

I was tired of hearing that over and over again. So today, I decided that I needed to corner him and figure out why he was mad at me.

Spotting Alex in the living room, I hurried to him. "Alex!" I called.

He turned around, his phone in in his hand. "Uh, hi."

I smiled and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. "We're best friends, right?"

Alex raised an eyebrow. "I guess."

I grinned and leaned closer to him. He shifted away from me uncomfortably.

"And best friends do stuff for each other right?" I asked breathlessly.

Alex looked alarmed. "Look, Victoria. I am flattered, really. But, I have a girlfriend and I really love her. If you need any sexual favors, Ian can do so much better. And not only that, but you'll be breaking the contract. And I like you. I won't let you break the contract."

I stared at him.

He stared at me.

Finally, he spoke. "What?"

I pulled away from him. "Sexual favor?"

He squirmed under my gaze. "Uh, yeah."

I quickly stood up. "What? NO! NO!"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Then what did you need?"

I sighed frustratedly. "I can come to you for some other reason you know."

Alex nodded. "Sorry." He patted the spot on the couch next to him. "Come sit."

I sat next to him, wringing my hands. "Can you pick a lock?"

Alex raised his eyebrows. "Why?"