Chapter 10: Victoria

[VICTORIA]

"So what did you two love birds do yesterday?" Alex wiggled his eyebrows.

I choked on my cereal. "I'm sorry?"

Ian joined in. "Please tell me you used protection."

Jake looked around at them, amusement written all over his face. "You don't have to worry."

I stared at him open mouthed. "What are you—"

Ivy sighed. "Jake, are you serious? You're obviously not ready for children."

"What are you guys talking about?" I snapped.

They all burst out laughing at my expression.

Everyone but Amy.

She was on her phone, giggling her life away. Ian glared at her.

"Are you texting your boyfriend?" He snapped.

Amy looked up. "Boyfriend? Sure, you could call it that."

I frowned. "Is it the guy you met at the club?"

She bit her lip. "Yeah."

Ian made a noise in the back of his throat. He stabbed his fork into his waffles and violently chewed it.

Alex looked at him sympathetically. "It's okay, Ian. You don't need her," he said softly so Amy didn't hear him.

Jake cast me a look from the corner of his eye. I raised my eyebrows in question. He smiled tentatively and turned back to his food.

I had woken up this morning in my bed, my shoes, my jacket and my makeup removed. I was shocked when I thought that Jake might've done that.

"Are you going to work today?" I asked him softly.

Jake looked disappointed. "Yeah. Sometimes I really do hate it. I don't want to leave you alone." He frowned. I hesitantly put my hand on his arm.

"I'll do fine here." I reassured him.

"What do you even do here?" He asked.

"Well, I'm probably going to go for a swim today. I'll read a book maybe play an instrument." I looked up at the ceiling. "I could catch up with Reece. Damn, I haven't talked to him since I was 16."

Jake's eyes hardened. "Reece?"

"Yeah. We were really good friends in high school. Wait until he finds out about this!"

Jake glared at me. "I'm not going to let one of your ex-boyfriends in my house."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why not? Are you jealous?"

Jake looked taken aback. "No!"

I grinned and poked his cheek. "Aww. You're jealous! Don't worry, babe. I don't like Reece anymore."

He swatted my hand away. "I'm not jealous. I just don't want a stranger in my house."

I winked at him. "Of course."