Chapter 4: Jake

[JAKE]

I walked downstairs, hearing the clatter of pans. I ran down the remainder of the stairs and rushed into the kitchen, ready to beat up the intruder.

Only to find Victoria standing in front of the stove.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What are you doing?"

Victoria spun around, a spatula in her hand. "Oh," she said. "It's you." She brushed a few strands of hair out of her eyes.

Her red brown hair was up in a messy bun and she was wearing a tank top and shorts. My eyes focused on her legs. Why the hell was she showing so much skin?

She looked down at herself self consciously. "Oh," she blushed. "Um, sorry. I didn't change out of my pajamas."

I smirked at her. "If this is the view I'll wake up to every morning, I have no complaints."

Victoria scowled before turning back to the stove. "Arrogant son of a gun," She muttered.

A moment later, she walked to the island and placed a plate of waffles on the surface. She set the the table for 5, setting down a plate of eggs and bacon.

As if they had rehearsed it, my friends all came into the room and took the seats. I frowned.

There was no food for me.

Victoria gave me a smug look, as she took a bite of her waffle. "Is something wrong?" She asked innocently.

"Is there a reason you didn't give me any food?" I asked.

She nodded. "You're a pervert."

I winked at her. "You know you like it, sweetheart."

Alex gagged.

I took a seat, watching as Ian and Alex ate, moaning in appreciation. "Victoria, did you make this?" Ivy asked.

Victoria nodded.

Amy swallowed. "Fuck. This is so much better than when Alex cooks."

Alex looked offended. "Hey! You said my cooking is good!"

Amy snorted. "I say a lot of things. Doesn't mean they're true."

Alex glared at her. "Meanie."

"Loser."

"Idiot."

"Jerk."

Ivy rolled her eyes. "Would you guys stop talking? You're ruining the food." Ian nodded in agreement.

Victoria was grinning. "Thank you."

Swallowing my pride, I opened my mouth. "Can I get some?"

"I don't know, can you?"

"May I get some?"

Victoria pretended to think it over.

"I'm sorry for making the comment about your clothes."

Victoria nodded, satisfied. "Wait here." She climbed down from her seat and walked back to the counter. Grabbing a plate, she made her way to me.

"Here," she murmured, her breath hitting the back of my neck. Tingles shot through my body. She still had the same reaction on me.

"Thank you," I murmured back.

She climbed back onto her seat.