Chapter 16: Jake

[JAKE]

I woke up to Victoria gently shaking me awake.

"Jacob," she whispered. I felt my heart skip a beat. I hadn't heard someone call me that in a long time and I definitely liked the way she said it.

"Jacob," she whispered again.

I refused to respond. I wanted to hear her keep calling me Jacob.

She paused. I almost opened my eyes to see what was wrong when I felt her hand gently grab mine and intertwine our fingers.

I heard a crackling before the water hit me in the face.

I quickly sat up and glared at the smirking girl next to me.

"Rise and shine!" She said cheerfully.

I narrowed my eyes at her and rushed to get tissues out of the glove compartment so water wouldn't get on my seats. I might want to protect Victoria more but my car still meant a lot to me. 

I wiped my face before turning back to her.

"What the actual fuck?" I snarled.

Victoria pouted which only made me more mad.

"Sweetheart," I growled.

She breathed in sharply but somehow managed to keep her smirk. "You have a really sexy morning voice, you know."

I blinked in surprise and that was the only distraction she needed to jump out of the car and run toward the house.

I got up and ran after and caught her on the porch. I grabbed her around the waist and pulled her to me and spun her around. She let out a shriek of delight.

"That wasn't very smart, sweetheart," I whispered in her ear.

Victoria shivered against me. "No, it wasn't," she agreed. "I should've thought of a better escape plan."

I playfully growled at that which caused her to laugh. She turned around in the circle of my arms and twined her arms around my neck. I inhaled sharply.

"Thank you for everything," she said quietly.

"It's not a problem," I breathed.

She smiled brightly. "We need to hang out more. This was fun."

I smiled back. "We're doing it tomorrow."

Her cheeks reddened. "Right."

I leaned forward until my lips were pressed lightly against her forehead. "Thank you for agreeing to this," I whispered. "It means a lot that you forgive me."

Was it just me or was her breathing a little quicker than usual?

"I figured that you deserved it," she responded lightly.

I didn't say anything and just stood there with my lips against her forehead. She made a sound that I would say sounded like a content sigh.

The front door slammed open, and Victoria jumped away from me. I scowled at the door to see who had interrupted us, only to see Ivy storming out of the house. Alex was right behind her.

"Ivy!" He shouted, but she kept walking. "Ivanna! Let's talk about this!"

Ivy's fists clenched and she whirled around to face him. "You wanna talk about this? Fine, let's talk. You fucking cheated on me!" Her face was red with anger.