15|| Pawn to C3

15|| Pawn to C3

The Knights of Walpurgis meetings are becoming more enjoyable for both teacher and student, with the Knights dueling continually and with an increasing arsenal of spells.  After teaching them the incantations and wand movements of Confundus and Conjunctivitis, Hermione takes to her typical task of walking around, correcting when possible but admiring their growing abilities.  A grin wraps itself around her face, vaguely resembling that of Tom Riddle's malicious one, yet slightly more innocent in intention.

And to the extent that Hermione is pleased with her successful task as a teacher, Lestrange finds himself becoming a proud and joyful student, his magic growing in his nerves.  And though he stays focused on his dueling with Avery, he cannot help watching a proud Hermione in his peripheral vision, her expression sending rage into his veins.  Of course he would never say it, but Tom's choice of her as a teacher defied his ego.  Certainly, Lestrange and Granger are both talented, and Robastian knows that he is now an equal to the girl in skill.  At least the ones she has expressed.

"Why do you not duel, Hermione?" the boy pipes up, stalling his own duel and promptly those around him, all their eyes turning to the proud Lestrange.  Hermione looks to him as well, her eyebrow raised haughtily in his direction and expressing her knowledge of his intentions.  It is infuriating.

"I would likely kill you, Robastian," Hermione responds coolly, a constant tone to these meetings, "and I doubt your parents would enjoy that letter."

The boy rages internally, his jaw clenching harsh and visibly to the eye.  Tone tough and hiding every shout, Lestrange threatens, "Prove it."

"Fine," Hermione relents without a moment's thought, hiding her stubborn pride with a calm and shrugging composure.  She moves to Avery's previous location, the boy shifting away to watch with the others, her feet widening in dueling stance.  Lestrange tenses into position ahead of her, taking an aggressive tone to his spellwork.

"Stupefy!" he shouts, sending the blue-lit spell outward and towards the calmed girl, a grin growing on her face.

"Protego," she responds, the spell colliding into a solid and unyielding wall of magic, extremely powerful to the naked eye and well-practiced at that.

"Expelliarmus!" Lestrange keeps the offensive, the spell nearly unaimed in his anger towards the infuriated broad, Hermione easily dodging to the side.  This boils the blood of Lestrange, knowing her to be prodding his anger yet unable to withhold the fury.  "Fight me!  Conjunctivitis!"

"Protego," Hermione grins, successful in her first task of blinding him via fury before then taking to her offensive.  "Stupefy!"

"Protego!" Lestrange blocks it, the spell not nearly as strong as Hermione's, yet still unyielding under the heavy blast.

"Avis.  Oppugno!" Hermione's trademark spell rushes from her wand in the form of aviary flight, the birds attacking Lestrange with every bit of Hermione's non-verbal irritation.  Hermione almost laughs at the cowering boy, but instead continues her assault.  "Serpensortia."

"Expulso!" Lestrange cries, destroying the small and pesky birds only to see the snake slithering towards him.  Unfitting for a Slytherin, yet perfect for a duel, Robastian backs away from the slithering creature, unable to send another spell as Hermione does just that.

"Glisseo!"  The boy collapses on the suddenly slippery floor, falling to his behind without any sense of grace.  But Hermione will have no mercy, for this Death Eater asked for a duel and she will give him one.  "Incarcerous."