67|| Bishop to E4

67|| Bishop to E4

For all intent and purposes, the Great Hall of Hogwarts is not in as bad of shape as the quartet might expect. Sure, the windows are shattered, but Snape did that earlier, and there are burn marks on the walls. But for such a horrible fight of monsters and men, Tom expected the Hall to be in shambles if not collapsed completely.

But on the other hand, if the Hall is not destroyed, the present people are. From the threshold of the room, the quartet has a great view of Voldemort's destruction, the House tables pushed to the side, covered with injured students and blood stains. And for those not sitting, there are groups of injured fighters, awaiting treatment from a busy Madame Pomphrey and anyone else with Healing experience. From the masses, they see Filch clutching his arm, which is pouring blood, and Flitwick's face, seemingly attacked by a meat grinder.

But the worst is the single line of the dead and severely injured in the middle of the Hall, as if they are on display for the warriors to see, a cue for vengeance if nothing else. It's this sight that has the four stalled, some more than others, guilt clawing into Harry's heart as he takes full and unnecessary blame for the deaths, ones so personal. Somewhere in the middle lays a familiar couple, hands softly tied together and faces turned towards each other. And in what might be a cruel joke--although it could have been crueler--they are looking at a picture of Teddy Lupin, smiles on both their faces and giggles coming from Tonk's mouth. If the Trio hadn't been looking, the couple would have looked dead, but the three take deep gazes and find some joy in the homeliness of Remus and Tonks' expressions.

    And though there are many to harmonize with, the sob that echoes through the hall in that moment has the four looking to the back of the room, George kneeled on the ground and sobbing over a similar figure

And though there are many to harmonize with, the sob that echoes through the hall in that moment has the four looking to the back of the room, George kneeled on the ground and sobbing over a similar figure. Ron gasps and rushes forward, Harry too entranced with the vision of a paled and melancholy Ginny to make a move towards the distraught family, more so with Arthur and Molly, if possible.

From afar, they see Ron loop George under his own arm, a soft embrace for such tough siblings, the movement allowing the remaining three to see a splayed Fred on the ground at the Weasleys' feet. Hermione glances minutely at Harry and Tom before rushing towards the family, the darker boy following after her as Harry lapses back into individuality, knowing the tasks that need to be done.

And though he prides himself on being observant, the voice of George Weasley almost startles him into stopping, implications evident to the world.

"I can't believe it! You would've died--and left me!" George sobs as Fred twitches at his side, bearing a loopy, but happy grin on his face that he's survived and the Weasley family is still together.

"Why's everyone sobbing?" Fred asks lazily and delusionally, "I'm fine! Just missing a few things."