61|| Rook to E2

61|| Rook to E2

Tom is sure that the room of current student's habitation is one where Slytherins would never sleep, maybe besides himself. It would be a clear room of six large, buttressed pillars if not for the cabinets added as well as the multiplicity of student baggage. Hammocks swing from one column to the next, others taking to the floor while trunks and personal belongings are stationed in specified areas. Overall, it looks a bit like a muggle treehouse, but no more mind is paid to the prospect when the eyes of hundreds latch onto the few.

"Blimey," Seamus--flabbergasted at the arrival--mutters, eyes widened in exemplification of the audience's feelings. And it's much like a start flag, waved downward to create the chaos to come, with students brushing and rushing forth on the Golden Trio-plus-one.

Tom Riddle is not particularly loving of crowds, and especially those of a majority in Gryffindor house--much more like a personal hell than not. But Hermione is with the other two, being sucked inward into the chaos of affection and friendship, backs being hit and hands being shook. For the most part, Tom is ignored by following closely behind Hermione, people assuming he is just another student from their peripheral vision of his button-up and slacks.

Not a student of this generation.

He sees a few familiar faces, mainly in Luna, but the Golden Trio feel overwhelmed in the number they perceive

He sees a few familiar faces, mainly in Luna, but the Golden Trio feel overwhelmed in the number they perceive. From Luna to Dean, Seamus to Cho, Nigel to Lavender, and so many more, it's like they've returned from summer holiday, only this time, it is months later and far less happy.

"Get the word out to Remus and the others that Harry's back," Tom hears Neville whisper to a smaller Gryffindor, the boy nodding eagerly before rushing over to a wireless wizard radio. Tom is glad for the initiative taken on Neville's part, just instinctively knowing they will need every fighter tonight as it seems to be the countdown to the final battle, if the cliche scene is not new enough. Tom Riddle was always cliche.

"River, D.A. calling. Do you read? We have a new weather report: Lightning has struck. I repeat, lightning has struck..." Nigel sounds over the radio, tempting Tom's mouth to quirk up at the sly coding that is more silly than not. But if the pattern holds, silly is good, with the Death Eaters unable to understand such things as these.

"Okay, okay! Stand down! Let's not kill them before You-Know-Who gets the chance!" Neville shouts over the raging crowd of students, all of whom want to speak with Harry, Ron, or Hermione, but more specifically the first. But at his words, they all seem to realize the dire situation that must have brought Harry here, if his face is not new enough. And a circle forms around the Golden Trio, revealing to the massive D.A. another and fourth member of Harry's group, a boy who looks like darkness from where they are standing.

"Oi, who's he?" Seamus calls, eying the dark-haired boy whom Harry suddenly turns to, having forgotten Tom was there entirely.

Turning to the large massing of students, Harry introduces, "Thomas Vincetamor. He's been helping us on our travels."