45|| Knight to D2

45|| Knight to D2

At first, he thinks it is a joke. A lot of jokes had been played on him throughout his life, less in the previous few years but still a good many. He can't put it past Harry to do such a thing, but Hermione's always been the one to fight pranking and anything resembling disrespect. This is the first sign that the boy in front of him is Lord Voldemort.

The second is less potent, but still powerful for all its worth. His sister, on rare occasions, had told Ron of Tom Riddle: how he looked, seduced, and conquered, more than any other. Dark-wavy hair, dark eyes, sculpted face, alabaster skin, and thin bodied. Yes, this 'boy' stranger is all these things, so handsome in presence and looks that surely he could seduce the world into war. Lord Voldemort did that.

But more than any other, it's his dark presence that rings the alarms within his head

But more than any other, it's his dark presence that rings the alarms within his head. His lanky fingers, like Voldemort. That wicked grin, like Voldemort. The dark magic around them, like Voldemort. Ron wonders if Harry noticed any of these things, but from the way they are looking at him, Ron soon forgets the thought. They are not scared of this monster, but of Ron's reaction. Merlin's beard, it's Voldemort!

That Weasley anger that ruined so many comes in a full force of ginger. With his wand raised directly at Tom's chest, the previous Dark Lord's hand falls with the retention of the smirk, Ron looking prepared to slaughter, understandable to all three witnesses. But before he can do just this, it is not Hermione, but Harry that saves the 'Dark Lord's' life, the Boy Who Lived now stepping in front of Ron's wand, prepared to save Tom with his own life, if need be.

It scares Ron greatly, but to the same extent, it makes him all the more angry. How could Harry let this happen? How could Hermione let this happen?

"You protect him?! You protect Vold--?" he rages loudly, voice capable of being heard for many miles, the octave so perfect.

But it's frightening to draw others' attention, Hermione cutting in with the contemptuous, "Ron!"

Harry stares at his seething best mate with a sense of pleading, a wish for Ron to overcome his anger and understand what has taken place. Surely, they will not be able to explain Tom's presence while dodging spells, so he reasons: "We are protecting Tom Riddle, the one Hermione effectively changed when she travelled back in time some weeks ago."

"It's Tom Riddle!" his voice is ever loud, and even more so, sarcastic. "Are we now in cahoots with our enemy? Shall I go dance a jig with Bellatrix?!"

  "Are we now in cahoots with our enemy?  Shall I go dance a jig with Bellatrix?!"