Secret Chapter: Interview with the Captain of the Spanish Guard

[Welcome to the Secret Chapter. As usual this has no bearing on the plot of the story. It is just an amusing side note. If you wish to, just skip ahead to the next chapter to continue the true tale.]  

>>>

My room is a bit of a mess, with a bucket of unfolded laundry sitting by the door and a bra left tucked under the vanity, on the chair. It isn't exactly the perfect setting to invite the Captain of the Spanish Guard, although I get the feeling he is no stranger to discarded female garments lying on the floor. Anyway, I feel like I have been putting off this interview for a while now. With a deep breath, I down the last dregs of my tea and open up my mind and bedchamber to Captain Marco de la Noche.

Oh my god, he's standing in the corner of my room! Complete with cream linen pants, white shirt and an open royal blue coat adorned with his battle regalia, he cocks an eyebrow at me. Liara was right when she said he filled out his uniform quite well but it did not prepare me for those broad shoulders that pulled at the finely stitched cloth.

I bite my lip. "Hello Captain."

He doesn't say anything but continues to look at me with those azure eyes that constantly plague a certain maid's dreams.

"Marco, I'm-," I begin.

"I know who you are," the sensual curling of Spanish tones rub at me like velvet.

He walks towards me and I wonder why I decided to conduct this interview while sitting in bed... Oh no, I know why. I have the hots for the Captain. The Duke of Bexley was like a friend, the Captain of the Spanish Guard however, has the air of a lover.

"May I sit?" he asks gesturing to the spot at the foot of my bed where a plush fleece comforter lays.

I swallow. "Sure."

"You are the author," he comments without question. "Cain told me about you."

I don't really know whether an answer is required so I just nod and wish I was a little more sassy and confident like Liara.

"Do you know who the assassin is?" he asks quietly as if someone in London could hear him all the way from Sydney.

The assassin? I ponder perplexed. He is sitting on my bed and wants to talk about the assassin? I mean I know I am no courtesan, but a girl does have some pride.

I square my shoulders. "Yes, I know who he is."

Marco looks poised for another question.

"I am not going to tell you," I cut him off quickly.

He appears perturbed.

Good! That should show him for coming into my room and not trying to seduce me. Not that I want to be seduced!

Marco gives me a charismatic smile. The one where his lips tilt slyly to one side in the semblance of a smirk while his eyes twinkle with mischief coated in sin.

Wait. I pause with bated breath. I know that smile.

"Soo...what are you writing there?" he slides up the bed leaning just a fraction towards me.

Perhaps this interview was a bad idea, I wonder. "You will not be able to coax the answer out of me Captain. I know your tricks."

His eyes flash with something that resembles danger. "Do you now?"

"Yes. I do," I affirm resolutely.

"Are you sure you know all of them?" he asks before easing back to lay flat onto the width of my king size bed.