FAMILY | ONE

[Tris]

Small feet bounce up and down on the bed with a shrill scream followed behind them, "Wake up, Mommy! Wake up, Daddy!" I grunt as the tiny figure drops on my body and wet kisses are placed on my cheeks. "Peas! I hungry!" An exaggerated sigh is followed behind and I open one of my eyes, seeing dark blonde curls bouncing around and grey eyes that are shining brightly. 

"London!" My husband groans beside me, I chuckle and sit up glancing down at him. He's still sleeping, he's always been the one to sleep in late while I tended to London―even when she was first born, I woke up in the middle of the night instead of him. He peaks his eye open at me and gives me a tired grin, "Good morning."

"Mornin' Mr. Sleepy head." I lean down and press my lips to his, London squeals and covers her eyes while giggling. I get out of bed and lift my two year old daughter out of the bed. I remember it like it was yesterday when I found out that I was pregnant with her. It was almost a year after Eric and I got married when I started to feel ill and Eric took me to the hospital and that's when I found out that I was pregnant. She was the best blessing that has ever happened to us.

Eric was my high school sweetheart, we had our ups and downs but five years later we got married. Something stood out with Eric back in school, he was always to himself only had a few friends. Me, being my reckless self went and talked to the tattooed, pierced, mysterious boy and even though he was rude I looked past that and actually broke down those walls he put up, before I know it we were making out in the back of his car after he asked me to be his girlfriend.

Now, we are married and have two baby girls at a young age. I'm 24 and Eric is 26, we're doing pretty good to be young. I sit London down on the floor and she follows me to the bathroom where she uses it and I brush my teeth, I look in the mirror to see my blond hair in a messy bun and faint circles under my eyes from lack of sleep. I work as Financial Manager for many companies in the Midwest area. It is a lot of work but we get it done.

Eric is a construction manager, he is the one who makes the plans for buildings that are built he looks for elevation in the topographic maps and things like that. We both bring in the money, and while we're at work my bestfriend and parent's take turns watching the girls.

I wash London up for the morning and I go into the kitchen and see Eric standing over the stove while flipping something in the pans. I see my other daughter, Camryn, who is five month old, sitting there occupied with a colorful set of plastic keys. She looks up and her eyes light up and she whines, "Good morning Camy." I kiss her cheek and place her head on my shoulder.

"Breakfast should be ready soon!" Eric says from the kitchen.

"Okay, I'm going to finish getting the girls ready." It takes me twenty minutes to get London dressed, Camryn fed and dressed and wash myself up. We eat breakfast together quickly and Eric cleans up while I go get dressed, Eric doesn't have to leave yet so he packs the girls' bags while I get dressed in my clothes. It's late August here in Chicago, so I decide on a pencil skirt and short sleeved shirt with a matching blazer jacket. "Bye guys, I'll see you later. Don't forget you have to drop the kids off at Christina's."

"I won't forget, bye!" Eric presses a kiss to my temple, I kiss both of my girls before I am out the door.

+++

"So, we've seen an increase in Archer Daniels Midland intake. They need to have an exact plan of where that money needs to go. I can see this taking about three days total if everyone has their mind focused on this project, we need teams of three to handle the amount coming in, distributing and handling future interference's." I clap my hands together and give the three groups the paperwork, "Look over the paperwork; past and present income's and tomorrow I want ideas flowing in. We will have some representatives from Archer Daniels coming in also to help us with this large project. You're dismissed. "

The team of workers dismiss from the conference table and I gather my things up, and head towards the door. I take the elevator down to the garage and I get into my car and head towards Christina's house, I park in the front and go up to her door and knock on it. She opens the door with Camryn in her arms, "Hello my lovely friend." Christina gives me a bow and I chuckle. She and I have been friends for a while, I remember on graduation day for Senior year she told me she was pregnant with their daughter, Delilah. It was my first child experience, watching Delilah while Christina took her exams.

"Aunty Tris!" Delilah squeezes through Christina and the door and squeezes my leg, she's grown up so fast—four years ago we were entering our college life experience with homework with Christina went into labor. It was rough for us including Delilah's father, Will Edwards. Now, they are both married—tied the knot three years ago when Dee was one.

"Hi, Dee!" I press a kiss to her cheek while lifting her up in my arms, Camryn looks up slightly from Christina's arms and gives a cry, a jealous cry. I laugh and place Delilah on the ground before I grab Camryn in my arms and I press a kiss to her cheek. "Will home?" I question walking into their house seeing London glued to the television with Delilah by her side now.

"Not yet, he got off of work less than an hour ago and he's getting dinner for tonight. I don't have the energy to clean." She pouts and I nod my head agreeing with her. I pack up the girls things while having small talk with Christina, I leave later than I wished and as I was walking out the door Will was just pulling up.

"Thanks, Christina! Hi, Will!" I wave at the blonde with a smile on my face. He smile and waves back before greeting his wife and child with a kiss.

"Oh Tris!" I whip around at Christina's slender figure, "I have a doctors appointment scheduled for Dee right before you get off of work. It's right by you, do you want me to drop them off with your mom or..?" She trails off.

"Just text me when your in the area, I'll get them from you. Tomorrow shouldn't be a busy day, but if you need more time let me know and I can take them to my mom's place." She nods her head, I give one last wave before I strap the kids in and head home.

_____

First chapter, just a ton of introducing for characters as usual💕💕