CONCLUSIONS | FORTY-TWO

this song is the inspiration of the whole book, if you haven't listened to it before, I advise you to listen to it throughout the whole chapter. this is my favorite song, and I hope you enjoy it for the last chapter for: What About Us.

+++

I watch as the cool water of the pacific ocean cover my toes and washes itself back into the ocean only to come back up higher to my ankles. I love the smell of the salt water and the warm air whipping through the air, blowing my hair around. Bora Bora is the magical place Tobias got our plane tickets to for our honeymoon. It is nothing compared to the one Eric took us to, Florida. He has pampered me so much throughout this week; feeding me so much good food, massages, and gifts. 

Even my emotions have been in tact, no worries of sadness have come to me at all and I don't plan on letting it dictate my life. I have come to realization that I need to make sure that I spend time with the ones I love and show them everyday that I adore them because I don't know when the last time I will see them. 

"You're so beautiful." I hear my husband say behind me, I turn around to see him looking rather dashing in his loose button up shirt and shorts. We have spent time in the sun and went swimming in the blue ocean and we have gained a small tan, people will look at us weirdly when we go back to cold and wet Chicago. He brushes my hair back and presses a kiss on my forehead, squeezing me tightly, "I hate to go home tomorrow, but I miss our babies." 

I nod my head, "Me too." I felt so bad during the beginning of our trip because I wasn't really hanging around my kids often because of my depression, but I know that when I get home everything is going to change for the better, "Thank you so much, baby. For everything. The help mentally and at home with the kids, you stood by my side the whole time and I love you so much for that." I murmur into his chest, breathing in his scent of the salt water and fresh sea air. 

"I will always stay with you." He smiled again and lifted me up and started to walk us to the rental car. I was so tired, it was our last day in the sunny place of Bora Bora and it was bittersweet. We had our last dinner here on the beach with  large blanket and had a romantic feast while watching the waves and sunset. 

The resort was absolutely beautiful, it had a wooden theme and our little hut had the ocean right out back by our patio. I can definitely see us coming back again when all the kids are older and know how to swim better since it is pretty dangerous.  My mom sent me pictures of them at the house playing and having indoor tents and playing in the snow, each picture had my heart strings tugging I missed them so much. I couldn't wait to see them.

+++

In the morning, we had our bags packed and clothes on. I was sad but so happy to see all of my family. I gave one glance at the bed and when I turned around I was met face first with Tobias' chest making my eyes furrow and look up at him. He smiled at me and handed me a gift bag, "This is just a little something from me." 

I opened the white bag and saw a scrapbook, it had a picture of the whole family in the little pocket in the front and when I opened it. I gasped and smiled at him. The first couple of pages were pictures of the both of us we had in the first stages of our relationship, on our dates and when we had dinner with my parents, and the kids. It was perfect, they were all up to date and the last picture was some new ones laminated from our honeymoon that we got taken. 

"I want you to always remember these days we had together. This was the most enjoyable vacation I've ever had and even after a week I still can't believe I have you as my wife and I am a father." He kissed me on the lips, "We have many more pages left and I can't wait to fill the rest of the pages with you and our family." 

"Oh Tobias," I grinned and stood on my toes to kiss him again, "You're the best, I love you so much." 

"I love you too." 

+++

Marriage the first time was a blast, and honestly I thought Eric would be the love of my life. Then, I met Tobias and he changed my life for the better. Yeah, we went through hell but that's how relationships work. We have a simple life and I am proud to say that I am a mother, daughter, sister, and wife. 

I am so glad I met him because I wouldn't have the help and love I get from him on a daily basis I have now. We may have gotten an unexpected baby out of the deal but I am glad to say that I love him so much and glad he is the new addition to the family. I know that Tobias will be there for me and I will be there for him. 

+++ 

TALK ABOUT CHEEESSSSYYY! This chapter was literally so bad to write because it was cheesy and cliche but when I tell you I have nada in my brain to write, NADA. But, at the same time I am happy that it is finished for more people to write. So, this is the end. Epilogue next and a brief note. 

Question: Would kind of books would you like to see from me in the future, that is is I ever write again.