ANTICIPATION | THIRTY-THREE

After getting my abdomen and vaginal exam, the nurse check how far I am dilated and the position of the baby. I'm in the first stage of labor which is fairly smooth, the contractions are a little painful but totally manageable, I know that their small because I can talk through them. London and Camryn are sitting on the couch looking at a movie on the tablet because just a few moments ago they were bouncing off the wall and I couldn't deal with it. 

Tobias is out in the hallway on the phone with my parents telling them that I am at the hospital and when she comes she will take the girls with them so they won't get restless. 

"She said she'll be here in about 30 minutes." He informs me as he walks into the room, "How are you feeling." 

Honestly I am tired, super tired because I was about to go to bed but then my water broke. The sound of my son's heartbeat sounding throughout the room is so relaxing, the nurses told me that nothing is wrong with the baby he just wanted to come sooner and he looks fully developed so it would be a normal birth, "Tired." I tell him pressing the button on my bed to make it go down. 

"Well get some rest, the nurse told me in the hallway that this might be a slow labor seeing as how far you are only for you water to have broken such a long time ago." He sits on the edge of the bed and I stare at him, my heart softens and I smile at him. 

"Okay, thank you."

He smiles back and touches my leg, "You're welcome. I love you." 

"I love you too." 

For once I relax and actually thank God that he is with me because he could be weak and be with Ophelia, yeah I'm still pissed at him but I have to be grateful that my fiance is sitting at the edge of the bed waiting for our son to be born. 

+++

"Oh my god, look at you." My mom scares the hell out of me when I walk out of the bathroom and throws her arms around me, I hear her crying on my shoulder and I roll my eyes in my head making my dad chuckle with Camryn in his arms. 

She does this every time; she did it when I was pregnant with London, with Camryn and now this baby. I don't know why she cries so much and squeezes me, "Mom, let me go." I complain trying to pull her away from me. 

"Aw Natalie, let her go." Dad laughs with London squeezing on his leg. I'm so glad we haven't told our friends yet because the combination of all of them up here would drive me insane. I'm not even in an active labor yet because my contractions are so far apart and last for a short amount of time. 

"How many centimeters are you?" Mom asks as I sit back down on the bed. My nap was great it had lasted for a whole 10 minutes, that's a new record! Of course I had to use the bathroom and my 10 second contractions just wanted to show me how much they missed me so everything is going good so far. 

I sigh obviously dissapointed, "2." I say with a mouthful of ice, "Where's Four?" 

"He went to go get the chargers and girls stuff from out of the car, he said he left it on accident." Dad said and sat on the couch with boy girls in tow, "How long have you guys been here?" He looks around the room. I haven't been in the birthing room for a long time and honestly after Camryn I thought I wasn't having any more children, that is why I donated most of their clothes and the newborn car seat. But now that we're having a boy means we had to change everything. 

"About 2 almost 3 hours. My water broke nearing Midnight." I suck on the cubes of frozen water. 

"Oh dear, what were you doing up at such a late hour?" 

I gulp, "Couldn't sleep." I lie, "Just walking around." I haven't told them about what he did because I don't want my whole family turning on him and it would have been a trouble just to hear them talking about it. The only people I think know is Christina and Will if she told him and Tobias most likely talked to Zeke. 

After talking to them for about an hour I start to feel more pain so they get the kids and head home. I know they're probably going to sleep all day because they have never been up this late before. For the time being Tobias decides to get some rest on the pullout couch while I sit there munching on some cherry popsicle that Tobias got me before he fell asleep. 

[Tobias]

At 9 in the morning I was starved, I don't think I have eaten for over 12 hours so I went down to the cafeteria and got some breakfast and more popsicles for Tris her contractions are stronger and this morning when the doctor checked her she had dilated a whole 3 centimeters since early this morning which was great but not for her. Even for her not to be too far along her contractions, as she told me, are starting to hurt like hell and I felt so bad because I don't want her to be in pain. 

For breakfast I grabbed myself an egg sandwich and some fruit. I eat my food at a table since Tris cannot eat I don't want to eat in front of her and give her more of a reason to be mad at me. We still have so much resolved and I want to ask her so badly why did she call off the wedding and can we put it back on. I cannot live without her or my kids, I can't just leave something so beautiful like Eric did, little did he know he had a beautiful gem with him and he just gave it up for something so cheap. 

Back in the room Tris is groaning in pain, "I brought you your stuff." She lifts her head up from the pillow and sighs falling against the bed, "Excuse me." I act play offended. 

"I don't want them." She whines and covers her face with her hands, "I can't stomach them."

"You're contractions got that bad?" I question rubbing her warm belly from under the cover, since earlier her belly has gotten a little bit harder. She winces and nods her head. I look at the contraction monitor and see how close together they've gotten and the spikes in them. She's actually passed quite a few since I've been gone, "You wanna take a walk to ease up some of the pressure?" 

"I guess." She stretches before she allows me to help her up and she throws on a robe she packed before we left and we make our way outside to the hallway. 

+++ 

Funny store guise! I was actually going to continue to write with them walking because something slightly big is going to happen in that hallway but nothing too unexpected but I have been trying all day to get this chapter out! 

Like, this chapter is short but I have written all day so much that I have a headache and I can't even bother to look over it. I tried to get this chapter out because some of you wanted a double update before the week starts. School ends for me on the 16, which is Friday and we have a half day so hopefully with all of these early dismissals this week I can continue writing. Thanks!