TIMER | NINETEEN

Marriage? So soon? I recently got out of my divorce and I'm just turning around so quickly to have yet another marriage. Am I ready for the stress of picking colors again? To find a caterer and get flowers cut?

Tobias' voice snaps me out of my daze of dilemmas, "Now, I know that we have so much to know about each other, still. But, you're carrying my child and it's more than that," my heart clamors to a higher height and I fear it's going to take a while to come down, "I love you, and I already know that I want to settle down with you. Honestly. I can't see myself leaving you or the girls anytime. So, this will bind us together. What do you say?"

"Yes, I say yes." I nod, reassuring myself more than him. A wide grin forms on his face and I throw my arms around his neck and slam my mouth against his. Knowing that these lips will be mine forever—hopefully.

+++

After talking in the car, we decided to announce the engagement. But, we said that we will probably wait until the baby is actually born before we have the wedding. Right now it's so much going on that it's nearly impossible and unrealistic to just jump into planning, I know the do's and don't's from my first wedding and I'll be dammed if I repeat those.

To say everything is moving quick is an understatement. But, we both knew that we didn't have time to wait for an engagement. I have two girls who father left them and I really need that father figure for them to look up to, even this unborn baby. So, there wasn't any more time to stall. We'll just live in the now and work as we go. 

"Ready to face reality?" I question as Tobias and I look at each other under the covers. It was great that the girls were gone because we got to sleep in most of the morning and we don't have to pick them up until noon, which is in 30 minutes. 

Tobias chuckles and presses a kiss to my nose then lips, "Always." I've never seen him complain, or groan at the thought of helping me with the kids. Eric would lock himself in the bathroom claiming he was using it while I made dinner, I really knew that he didn't want to help me. It's almost too good to be true. 

We get out of bed and I put on a pair of black leggings with a matching sweatshirt and my black timberland boots. I straighten my hair and tuck it behind my ear, I put on some nude lipstick, mascara, and eyeliner. If I were just going to pick up the kids and come home, that would be a different story. But, we're planning to get some lunch at Eleven City Diner. We make it to Christina's in no time and she swings the door open with a large grin and Camryn on her hip who instantly squeals and reaches for Tobias, totally shocking me. 

"Well, darn." I furrow my eyebrows acting like I'm hurt as Tobias peppers kisses over Camryn's face who giggles loudly, "Thanks for watching them." I thank Christina as I carefully bend over and give Camryn a hug and she instantly returns back with Delilah to play dolls. They are inseparable like Christina and I were little. Now with them in school and in the same class, they see each other way more. 

"No problem," She smiles and then gasps loudly and grabs my hand looking at the expensive and shining ring on my finger, "Really?!" She looks at Tobias who nods his head then to me and she starts squealing and jumping around, "I'm so proud of you too! We have so much planni-" 

I stop her as she goes to jump again, "That's what's not going to happen, we're going to wait until the baby is born and then worry about the wedding." I tell her with my eyes widening at her, "But, we can still plan until then."

Another wide grin forms across her face and I cover my ears again and Tobias cover's Camryn's ear before Christina starts squealing again making a groan escape Will's mouth as he walks into the living room, "What's with all the squealing?" 

"Tris is getting remarried." She sing-songs with happiness making me shake my head. 

"Really? That's great!" Will congratulates us with a smile and one of those manly handshakes to Tobias. 

"Just don't tell anyone yet." I give Christina a pointed look and she fake zips her mouth shut and hands Camryn the key making her laugh, "We should get going though, we have to get some lunch!" 

+++

These sandwiches were well needed. I was so hungry that I nearly scarfed down the mozzarella sticks that were the appetizer. Tobias got the Mexicali Burger, I have the turkey club sandwich, and London has the roasted turkey breast sandwich. 

"This is a nice way to just relax." I lean back in the chair and eat some of my fries. 

"Yeah," London nods her head, "Mommy, Aunt Christy taught me more letters!" She gleams happily, it's almost mind-boggling to say that this is Eric's child. She's so vibrant and happy, while he's so gloomy and upset all the time. Now that I'm looking back at my life, I'm wondering what exactly I saw in Eric. Then again, he was always different until I got pregnant. 

"That's great, what else did you do?" I take a sip of my coke as London tells me all about her day and what exactly did she do. It's not until we're half way through lunch when I see that Tobias is a little uneasy and quiet, "Are you alright?" I question, and he nods his head and sits up straighter. 

"I have to use the bathroom." He leaves before I could say anything. 

That was weird

I look around the restaurant, looking for something that would set him off. But, I don't see anything, I furrow my eyebrows and help finish feeding the kids.