AFTERMATH | TWENTY-THREE

We arrive home still with a tense aura around the both of us. I walk straight from the car to the front door of our home and unlock it, going inside. Camryn is with my mother while London is with Delilah for one of their many sleepovers where they will indulge in pizza and ice cream. Honestly, I needed the break because with the baby soon on the way and us needing more time to look for places and plan for the upcoming wedding.

"Tris, baby." I hear Tobias say behind me as he shuts the door. I simply ignore him, taking off my jacket and placing it on the hook, "Are you still in pain?" He questions as I kick off my shoes and placing them in the basket. I shake my head and walk towards the, exhausted. At first I thought it was strong kicks from the baby but I started to realize that I was putting the baby under stress from me being so pissed, and I'll be damned if my water breaks over. . . Ophelia.

I change into some sweatpants and a tank-top before I pull my hair into a bun and get into the bed and under the covers. I was serious when I told Tobias that I was done with the day. I am pushed to the point where I don't want to even talk to him. I could care less if he wanted to talk to his ex because you can't always avoid that and if a person can, than that isn't realistic. I would have dealt with it better if he would have gotten with me and told me from the jump what was going on instead of going behind my back when this is one of the most inconvenient times.

Not only do we have a baby on the way, but we're looking for a new house. I can't handle all this right now, and I'll be dammed if some girl makes my water break because of stress.

I hear Tobias moving around the house, throughout the kitchen and living room. Probably straightening up. My body freezes when the bedroom door opens, I pretend I'm asleep. But when I feel the graze of his fingertips on the side of my cheek, my eyes fly open.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes when my eyes meet his saddened royal blue ones. I nod my head slightly and snuggle more into the covers, but he sits on the edge of the bed, his hands sliding under the cover to massage my swollen ankles, " I don't mean to get you upset. I should have told you earlier. I have no relations with Ophelia whatsoever. Just know that, I love you." 

My heart starts to flutter while my eyes start to burn, tears pricking my eyes. I hide my face in the crook of my elbow while some tears escape my eyes. I'm upset at the fact that I honestly have no back up plan. He's all I asked for, and him leaving me pregnant with two girls is something else, and reality seems to crash down painfully when I realize how much he means to me.n

"I love you too."

Okay, let's just ignore the fact that this chapter was very short. This has been in my drafts for a while, but I've been too busy to even glance at it. I am officially on Winter Break🙌🙌🙌 which means updates. Yesterday was my gathering day to come up with a nice updating schedule. Now, I am ready to update here on out.

I am still going to be busy, but please bear with me. Thanks so much! Until next time.