DENIAL | THREE

[Eric]

I always loved Tris, she was one of the girls that always found her way to me. Sometimes she can be annoying but that's what so infatuating about her—I can't help myself, I have to come back to her. Our relationship was so unplanned, I didn't know I would end up with the short, small, blonde. In some way she doesn't fit me—the broad, cruel, man. I'm rough and she's delicate, yet she still slips on to me and hangs on tight.

Never in a million years would I think that I—me— were to impregnate a girl. I'm not the father type and it wasn't until Tris was in labor with London that I was going to be a dad and that child would look up to me and refer to me as her father. It still really hasn't settled in yet, and it's going really fast and I still don't know if I'm ready for it.

Tris and I have tons of disagreements, some worse than others. Yet, we come crawling back to each other. I usually get home earlier than her, and others I stay at the office and hang out with my secretary, Rita. I don't cheat on Tris, but it's nice to get away from the crying baby and overly-hyper 2 year old. But, I came home on time and decided to start dinner to try to avoid another confrontation with Tris.

Spaghetti and salad with a side of garlic bread is on the menu for dinner and it's actually taking me longer than expected. I place the noodles in the sink to drain and stir the pot of meat and sauce. The front door opens and I thank the heavens that Tris is here, "I'm home!" I hear her say and the little pitter-patter of feet makes its way to the kitchen and I give London a large smile. I pick her up and kiss her cheek and she smiles, reaching up to grab my eyebrow ring but I move her hand out of the way. I turn the heat down on the stove and leave the kitchen, "It smells good." Tris gives me a smile before pecking my lips. With the girls being our main priority, we never have private time together and we are too exhausted by night to even try.

"Thanks, I cleaned up around the house. Dinner should be ready in ten minutes." I pick up Camryn who grey-blue—mostly grey—eyes are shining more than usual, "Hello, beautiful." I kiss the tip of her nose and she gives me a toothless grin. I place her on the floor and she turns to her belly and London lays in front of her sister and starts making faces at her.

Tris walks towards me and places her head on my chest, wrapping her tiny hands around my waist, "Thank you," The sincerity in her voice brings a smile to my face and it makes everything I did totally more worth it. She stands on the tip of her toes and presses a kiss to my lips, I kiss her back harder, my hands running leisurely up and down her back. I pull away from the kiss and press her back against the edge of the sofa and kiss down her neck. She moans and we soon hear giggling and I pull away from her creamy flesh to glance at London who is giggling at us, I groan and Tris laughs, "Later." Tris whispers.

"You better not forget, I'm gonna hold you to this." I point my finger at her and she lifts Camryn off of the floor, "We never have se-"

"--I know, I can't help that. I have to tend to the kids" She walks to the back and I roll my eyes. She doesn't know the difference between caring for the kids and caring for her husband. . . I have needs that I have to be fulfilled too.

+++

I'm the first one to wake up the next morning, and I can't seem to fall asleep even if I tried. I swing the covers off of my body, feeling the cool air hit my nude body. I stretch out my tight limbs and look at Tris who is bundled under the covers, the silk night grown low on her body. I remember her getting up in the middle of the night to feed Camryn so she got dressed. Last night Tris and I had sex for the first time in forever and things couldn't have felt better, it's defiantly a stress reliever.

I put on my sweatpants and stand to my feet, I walk out of the bedroom and use the toilet before I check on the kids. London is still asleep, she has her thumb in her mouth. I walk towards her and slightly pull it out of her mouth. I go to Camryn's room and see her laying on her back, staring up at the ceiling. I smile and bend down to pick her up in my arms, she coos at me and sticks her tongue out.

I brush my hand past her blonde curls and lay her down on the changing table to remove her of her night clothes, I give her a quick bath and dress her in a denim romper with a white onesie underneath and matching white socks

I brush my hand past her blonde curls and lay her down on the changing table to remove her of her night clothes, I give her a quick bath and dress her in a denim romper with a white onesie underneath and matching white socks. I give her a pacifier and grab one of her toys and head to the living room where I sit down on the couch and she sits on my lap, sucking on the pacifier with her eyebrows furrowed tightly, "I can't believe I made you," Her head perks up at my voice, "You gave your mother hell with her pregnancy, I think she spent most of her time hunched over the toilet than having cravings. But, then again you are picky yourself and all you consume is her milk."

Camryn doesn't really like drinking from bottles, and it has to be the same temperature every time if it's not coming from Tris. As if on cue Camryn drops the pacifier from her mouth and let's out a whine before looking at my chests noticing that I don't have breast and she lets out a little cry, "Oh calm down." I let out a sigh before taking her in the kitchen with me, "I wonder if mommy left you any milk." I find the tube of milk and warm it up in the water while I rock Camryn on my side, I finally get the bottle ready and I have a seat back on the couch, I rub the tip of the bottle on her bottom lip and she pouts at me. I lay her like I saw Tris and I give her the bottle again and she finally takes it.

"Must you be so difficult?" I sigh when she places her tiny hands on the sides of the bottles and looks up with her grey eyes, "What have I gotten myself into?"