BYPASS | THIRTY-FOUR

[Tris]

God, I remember how horrible contractions were but this is extremely different. There is so much pressure and pain that I don't know how I'm still conscious. It may be how much bigger this baby is, Tobias shoulders are really broad and he's large so it may have passed down on to our son. I am begging to have an epidural but they want me to finish my liquids because I am super dehydrated and they are afraid that the epidural will slow my birth down even further since I'm only at 5 centimeters. They want to wait until I'm at least 6 or more centimeters.

Currently Tobias has me in his arms as he rubs my back whispering comforting words to me as each painful contraction hits me and honestly I forgive him, so much because he is helping me and I'm in such a vulnerable state right now and he is still beside me.

He's even letting me wet his shirt with my tears.

"I just want my epidural." I whine into his shoulder, as much as these contractions hurt, there is still that throbbing pain between each of them.

Tobias kisses my forehead and continues to rock us, working his fingers into the knots on my lower back, "I know baby." He smiles, "Try and think of something happy." He pulls away from me and kisses me on the lips briefly, "like the hallway."

Earlier in the hallway...

The wall around the maternity ward takes so much pressure off of my butt and back. Sitting there in that bed was fine but after a while with the combination of contractions and the fuzzy noise of the broken t.v was getting annoying so I'm glad Tobias suggested that we walk. That's one of the best ideas he's had so far, I think to myself.

With one hand gripping the metal holder for the I.V in my hand and the other clutching my lower back, Tobias and I continue to walk around. He cringes when he hears a woman scream in agony, "Is that going to be you?" He questions as I waddle through the hallway slowly, "Screaming in pain?"

I nod my head with my lips pursed, "Most likely, the pain is horrible. Like just imagine getting kicked in your balls again and again and again with steel toed boots." I see him shutter out of the corner of my eye and I can't help but to laugh through the pain, "Eric never really helped me though, I mean he would hold my hand but after a while I would want him away from me until the baby was born."

"Do you want me away?" I glance down at my left hand, the ring still sitting there. In the bathroom while I sat there crying, torn about everything, as soon as my water broke I put the ring back on because I knew I couldn't do it without him. I mean, he did get me pregnant.

I shake my head, "Not really, or not yet I could say. But, I don't really have a choice do I?" I joke laughing. Tobias is possessive over the things he love so I couldn't easily push him away like I would to Eric. Wincing as another contraction starts to brew deep in my belly, I grip on to him like my life depended.

I hear him chuckle with a little wariness to his voice, he says, "You put the ring back on." He grasps my left hand. In the midst of packing the baby bag, I saw my discarded ring on the bed and put it back on my finger. I overreacted and I realized that I cannot lose him, I saw how hurt he was and I was just in the midst of being upset that I told him I wanted to call off the wedding when my heart was telling me otherwise. That was the worst decision I've ever made and it was a true mistake, so I had to fix things I was easily talking out of anger.

"Yep." I nodded my head as the contraction subsided and we continued to walk, "I was talking out of anger, I don't want to lose you and put myself and the girls through something that could have been avoided. I'm really sorry." I said sheepishly, not even able to meet him in his eyes.

He stopped walking and kissed me right on my lips, not even caring how dry they were due to my dehydration, "I love you so much, and I wasn't going to just let you walk out of my life." He smiled and placed his large hand on my belly, "Especially not now with our little guy on the way." I grinned and let a blush take over my cheeks, I was so embarrassed that I caused so much on the whole family that now that I look back I was being totally irrational.

"We need to think of a name for him." I looked down at my large belly as we turned the corner and continued our journey back to the room 

Tobias nodded his head, "I've been thinking about that for a while. While you were sleep I would write out names," he reached into his back pocket and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper, "I have some names that I brought with me; William, Tommy, Jason, Caleb, Johnathan, and Aiden. The last one was my favorite."

"Yes! Me too, I love Aiden." I was happy and pleased with the name, "Middle names." I pondered. Suddenly I giggled while I rubbed the undersides of my belly, "Aiden Tobias Eaton."

"Aiden Triston Eaton." He mocked me and I sighed and rolled my eyes into my head.

"I really like that, baby. It's real sweet."

He stares at me for a moment then smiles, "Fine, I like that too." He rubs his chin for a second as we enter our room, "Aiden Tobias Eaton." He smiles again and kisses my head as I sit down on the bed, "Our baby."

Present

As soon as the contraction subsides, I whimper into Tobias' shoulder and hold him tight, "I'm so glad you didn't leave me." Tears of just pain and tiredness slip out of my eyes and I hate myself for being this weak but I thought your third birth was supposed to be the easiest one, all of my child births are from hell. I think it's from me training so hard to get back in shape, of course my uterus would never be the same, but I get everything so tight and do hip thrusts to get my flat stomach and banging curves back so it suddenly feels like I am having my first baby.

"You were going to leave me," He chuckles in disbelief, "I still can't believe you called off the wedding, if it weren't for your water breaking who knows where we would be at." He sighs and shakes his head, I remain quiet and just let him rock me until I start to fall asleep. Tobias is right though, where would we be? I would probably be crying myself to sleep while he is in the living room or finding some open bar at that late hour. I'm so glad things took a detour.  

+++ 

Next chapter we're going to meet baby Aiden!