WEARY | THIRTY-SIX

[Tobias] 

A son to call my own, I think to myself as I watch everyone gather around Tris who is holding our son and coo about him. For the past 2 days while I've held him, I promised him that I wouldn't lay a finger on him outside of disciplining him. My father beat me for no reason, and I don't want to do that and leave him scared of me. That and hitting Tris are one of my biggest fears. I haven't heard from my father in years and my mother is dead, so it hurts kinda to know I don't have parents that will be at my wedding but at the end of the day I am going to change that for my kids. 

"You seem so happy." Zeke stands beside me in the kitchen as I start to pile up the dishes and load them in the dishwasher. Tris has been really tired lately so I try and spend time with the girls while I have family leave―because my boss is amazing―so they won't be in her hair so she and Aiden can sleep. That labor was really hard on Tris' body, even today while she looks at Aiden she tells him how much it hurt. Deep down inside I know it was my fault her water broke a week and a half before her due date, I put her in so much stress and I feel guilty so I try and hide that deep down inside of me, "I'm gonna marry Shauna." 

I stop putting the dishes in and look at him with total shock, "Really?" I question and he nods his head. I give him a hug and congratulate him even if it hasn't happened yet but mostly for even thinking of something so serious. Zeke and Uriah are both total opposites, Zeke takes forever to finally commit to something while Uriah commits too soon so we told him to be with Marlene for a while before he settles down. One would think that it would be reversed but I am totally shocked at Zeke, he's finally growing up. 

"I mean, I see that you, of all people are happy. You jumped into a family you didn't even really know and now your a father to a whole family." He shakes his head and leans on the counter looking a little light-headed, "A newborn baby with two little girls. I remember the days where we used to drink whiskey and talk about not committing. Now look at us." 

I resume the dishes and listen to him, "You're exactly right, but we all have to grow up sometime. When are you going to propose to her." 

"I don't know yet, I don't even have the ring. I know Shauna doesn't require much but I really want to show her I am serious. So, I want the perfect ring, the perfect time, and the perfect words." He looks so troubled that I actually chuckle for once at him and continue to dunk the dirty dishes in the soapy water before placing them on the rack, "I just had to tell you because it is eating me alive." He shakes his head, of all the times I've seen Zeke stressed out and stuff this is the most I've seen him actually troubled. 

"You're not thinking about leaving the bar are you?" I question. 

He looks at me like I'm crazy and I see him turn to his regular self, "No, that is actually a really good paying job. Shauna wouldn't want me to either, I can't really see myself working somewhere else like an office. Just doesn't fit me well." 

I agree with him and continue to work while he returns to the party and blends in with everyone else. The rest of the night goes by fairly quickly, everyone lingers around for a bit before they leave, this little party was nice but I can see the tiredness in Tris' face and I'm pretty sure she can see it in my own. He's only 2 days old and we're already beat, I think that comes from not getting any real sleep since Tris had him in the hospital. Once everyone is gone, I give the girls a bath while Tris gets Aiden set for bed. His sleeping schedule is all over the place like expected, he'll wake up at 5 in the morning and want to eat then go back to sleep only to wake up at 6 for his diaper to be changed. 

I end up meeting Tris in the bedroom as she places Aiden in his bassinet, we both decided that at 2 weeks he will go to his own room but for now she wants him close to see and I don't have a problem with it. Except for when he cries because for him to be a little early his cries can break glass and if we don't tend to him quickly Camryn comes into our room complaining. 

"Wanna shower together?" She suggests and I nod my head lifting her into my arms, I shut our door and make our way to our en-suite bathroom, placing her on the counter-top, "I am so tired." She rubs her bloodshot eyes and I kiss her cheek, lifting off her tank-top and undoing her bra. 

"I know baby, I don't go to work for another two weeks so I'm gonna help you get all the help you need. I'll take care of everything tomorrow; dinner, cleaning, the girls, Aiden." I take off my shirt and she hops off to take off her pants and set the water for our shower. 

She laughs, "That's almost impossible. You do know that the girls were going around all day, mostly Camryn, and told everyone how you're taking them to get ice cream tomorrow." I decided that I would get the two rambunctious children out of the house so it can just be Aiden and Tris, they can sleep and bond and just have us three out of their hair. 

"I know they're excited but you should be too." I put us in the shower and I let her get wet under the spray of water and then I do the same. I carefully wash her delicate skin and let my fingers skim of her belly. She still very much has a belly which confuses the hell out of Camryn it's so funny, she thinks Tris has another baby in there, "You get to rest some rest because you look exhausted." 

She yawns and places her head on my chest, her hair curling up once I put shampoo on her scalp and she washes my back. It's like we're moving like Zombies, "It feels like I haven't see you all day." She sighs and leans up to kiss me on the lips and I kiss her back, wrapping my arms around her waist and deepen the kiss just to let her know how much I love her, "I was so caught up with everyone and Aiden. Also thank you for the kitchen."

"No problem, just wait until our wedding day. We'll have our wonderful honeymoon and we'll just relax together for a week or two." 

She shakes her head and rinses out the now conditioner, "I can't leave my babies, no one knows how to take care of them like me." 

"I know, we'll continue talking about it." 

The rest of the shower goes fairly quick because we've been in long enough, and we haven't head anything on the baby monitor yet so we took a few minutes of kissing before we finally got out. It does finally feel like I got my Tris back, I mean she was ignoring me for what it seems like centuries because of my dumb ass decisions, but now I have her back and I'm not letting her go. 

+++

Alright, here is 36. I don't know how many chapters we have left as some of you longtime followers know, I just write with no plans so as soon as I think it's a good ending I'll probably let you know a chapter before or during that chapter. I know I definitely want to introduce Aiden, and some drama, their wedding, and then their honeymoon, hope you enjoyed!