WEAK | TWENTY-FIVE

[Tobias] 

My hands are fisted into my jacket pockets as I walk up the flight of stairs. The text sent to me hours ago before Tris had taken to the kids to their grandparents house and went to see Christina, provided me the address where to go and what floor exactly. I feel so bad because I had lied to the mother of my child and told her I was hanging around town today with the guys. 

The silver '35' is hanging on the door, slightly crooked and I straighten my posture before hardly knocking on the black door, hurting my knuckles in the process. I want to get to the bottom of everything and see what it is going to take to just have my life worry-free, but then again I would have to live in a fairy-tale for stuff like that to happen. That's why I treat Tris with so much love and showering her with gifts, I want her to have a worry free life even if mines isn't ideal. 

Swinging open the door, the smell of a scented candle hits my nose and I scrunch up my face, "You didn't have to doll the damn place up," I roll my eyes at the figure below me, stepping inside the apartment, "It's just to talk." 

"I was just freshening up my apartment," She rolls her eyes at me and gestures towards the light grey colored couch. I sit down and sit there looking at her maneuver around her apartment. My heart pulling a little bit when I remember the times that we would just lounge around and stare at each other all day. I still have feelings for Ophelia, but nothing like they were before, "Coffee? Water? Juice? Tea?" 

 I shake my head, slightly glaring at her, "No, we're making this little session quick." I grunt, "I didn't come here to have little sandwiches with the crusts off, just to talk. That's it." 

"Right, 'family man'," She gestures with her fingers in the air as she sits beside me with her feet tucked under her. She has on a pair of black leggings and a black t-shirt with a grey cardigan and no socks, like usual. She hates socks while Tris loves socks. I shake my head gently to clear my mind and look at her, "How's that girl? Still hasn't had your baby yet?" 

"Her name is Tris, you address my fiance properly." I sigh, "I didn't come here to talk about her. I came here to talk about how you need to keep your distance. I swear O, this is my last time telling you this. You need to stay away from my family and stop messaging me." 

She rolls her emerald green eyes while brushing her brunette hair off of her shoulders, "I'm just keeping in contact." Her arms fold at her chest, "T-Four, you can't just push me out of your life like that. We were in love, I was supposed to be the one having your children and being called your fiance--" 

"--well, you can't because you ruined that." I shake my head, "I loved you Ophelia, but I don't anymore. Your just another memory in the back of my head because I moved on just like you moved on from me." My closest friends and family know that once I love, I love hard because I have lost so much in my life that I'll be dammed if I lose another person. And, then when Ophelia left I just grew colder and harder until I met Tris. Yeah, things moved pretty fast but that only explains how we're like that today. 

"I know you loved me and I loved you. But, I needed time to find myself and you weren't even considerate to want to move to California with me." 

"But look at you now, you have an apartment after years of fighting for a childish dream in a place made just for naïve people like you." She gasps and I can see that the words stung a little and I am glad because her words the day she told me she was moving hurt me the same way, "What I am here for is to tell you that you need to stay away from my family. I moved on, I am older and wiser. I have friends in my life who love me and a family of my own now. You know my past Ophelia and you know how I feel about my family." I glare at her.