FROZEN | THIRTY-TWO

[Tobias] 

My heart sinks to the pit of my stomach and a wave of nausea hits me full throttle. Glancing down at her pants and the ever so expanding puddle forming at her sock clad feet, I have a mental break down. I don't think I have ever been this stressed, first Tris wants to call off the wedding and now our son is coming a whole week and a half early. 

"Are you just going to stare at me?" Tris spits, hitting me on the chest and I still stand there firmly so in shock that I can't move, it's not like doing it on purpose.  I hear her sigh and roll her eyes in her head calling me an idiot before she looks in the closet and throws a towel on the mess and continues to the bedroom. 

I shake my head and put my hands on my head taking a deep breath in and out to calm down before I follow her wet footprints on the floor to the bedroom and I hear the shower in the bathroom, I peak my head in the steamy room to find her in the glass box cleansing herself, "Tris, the baby isn't due for another week and a half shouldn't you be worrying?" 

"Yes, but if you paid attention to the last doctor visit he said that this time it can happen sooner. It feels normal now if my pain was worse I would be rushing." She sighs and turns off the water, "Did you get the car-seat fixed?" 

I gasp again, "No." I shake my head and dash out the room and I hear her groan in frustration. I knew I was supposed to do it this week but with all of this happening I could not focus and with her sudden water breakage I was not prepared for this. In the garage there sits the huge box mocking me in its cardboard box and I run towards it and start to tear it open, I wish I had Marley from Marley and Me helping me rip this box open. I guess I'm on my own. 

[Tris] 

"Sh*t." I groan in discomfort placing my hand on my lower back, the contractions haven't even hit me yet it's just how bad my lower back hurts and even though I'm pissed at Tobias I wouldn't tell him that the reason my water  broke is because he stressed me out too much. That would shatter him and I would have to hear endless amounts of apologies and I can't deal with that right now. 

For clothes I put on a pair of Tobias' sweatpants, they're the only pants that have a waistband that stretches for my belly so he just gave them to me―that's before he thought about cheating on me with Ophelia. A white tank top and a jacket because it's windy outside. While I finish packing the baby bag I check on the baby's room and look at it, "This is your room, baby. This is where you're going to sleep." I rub the underside of my belly as I look around the grey, white, and red and Mickey Mouse themed room. 

"Tris?!" Tobias shouts, his heavy feet thumping down the hallway and I turn around, "The car seat is set up, are you okay?" He rubs his hand down my face and I brush him off of me. 

"I'm fine, I don't even have contractions yet can you help me get the girls ready. When we get to the hospital I am going to call my mom to get them." I walk down the hallway towards the girls room, it's nearing midnight and I know their already asleep. Camryn is going to be the hard one to wake up. 

"Why don't we just drop them off before we go to the hospital?" Tobias questions as I open the door to their room and turn on the light and like expected they're both asleep mouths open and hair a mess. I really want to try and get all of my responsibilities out of the way before I really start to get contractions, my belly is already hardening so I know their coming soon. This is the worst part about carrying a child. 

I shake my head nudging Camryn, "Because then she would want to come with us to the hospital and I don't want to many people up there." I'm already irritated because of you, I want to tell him but I bite my tongue instead. I am still royally pissed at Tobias and I want to hold all of my smart remarks for the strongest part of labor so I have a reason to curse him out. 

Camryn stirs as Tobias lifts London in his arms and wakes her up, "Wake up, Lonni. Mommy's gonna have the baby." He calls her his favorite and new nickname for her, she stirs and places her head on his shoulder. 

"Mommy?" She questions confused as I rock Camryn in my arms until she starts to stir, "You're gonna have the baby?" She yawns and stretches I nod my head and Camryn wakes up wining into my chest. God please let these children wake the hell up, I mutter in my head because it feels like everything is taking forever. 

Eventually we have the kids in coats and shoes over their pjs because God just loves us so much that he made it rain before we walked out the house, could life just get any better. In the car was when I got my first real contraction, we were at a red light and I felt that annoyingly familiar tug on my cervix and the light sliver of pain and I moaned in discomforted and sat forward in my chair and Tobias, like the mad man he is ran the red light which scared the hell out of Camryn and she started to sob, honestly this all felt like a dream. 

I have a whiny one year old in the backseat, London asking if we're there yet, Tobias running through red lights and me the only sane one and I'm the one in labor, "You don't have to speed." I slap Tobias' shoulder at another red light and I sigh. . . this is the whole reason I'm in labor now

Soon enough, we get to the hospital, "Just sit and wait with the girls please I'll be back." We have arrived at the Maternity Wing and I had texted my doctor in the car so I told them what he told me and I informed them that my water broke so they tried to get me in an empty room as soon as possible and check all of my functions and the baby. 

We get led to a family  birthing room even though I told them the girls weren't staying up there and I changed into a gown and we sat there. . . and the wait began.