CONCLUSION | TEN

My damp hair hangs on my shoulders and I rock back and forth, watching Camryn enjoy her dinner with her eyes closed, "When you get older, don't be like your mother." I whisper, kissing her soft forehead as the sound of her sucking fills the room, "I can't believe that I'm doing this to your father, no matter what he's done to me, I still feel kind of bad for what I've done. But, the bad thing about it is that I catch myself thinking that this is what I want." I sigh when I feel small tears prick my eyes, "This is why I can tell you stuff like this because you can just listen." I mutter when I feel Camryn release me and fall asleep.

I place her to my shoulder and I pat her back, she whines into the crook of my neck and lets out a deep burp that would put men to shame and she falls asleep again. I place her in her crib and tie up my robe. My tired feet drag me to London's room and I catch her sleeping peacefully and I go to my room and I nearly jump out of my skin when I see Eric sitting at the edge of the bed untying his shoes, "What are you doing here?" I question.

"Um, undressing." He spits and stands to his feet, placing his shoes in the closet, "Why?"

I shake my head and brush my hair off my shoulder, seeing him brush his teeth, "I've just never seen you home this early." I glance at the time, it's 8:30 and this is the earliest he's been home. I hear him mutter something under his breath, and as soon as my pajamas are on and my head hits the pillow, I'm out like a light.

+++

-3 weeks later-

Almost a whole month of Eric cheating on me behind my back, and me secretly meeting Four after hours. I'm finally come to an agreement with myself that I can't help my temptations and I've gave into them, I like Four and I'm done with Eric. I can't make Eric want to be tied down and I refuse to live like this, like everything is fine. I've come to know that I want a divorce.

Christina and I spent many nights over warm brownies and cider, talking about this. It's still a win-win situation, I get to divorce the man who doesn't love me and Four would be more than happy to be mines―at least I would hope. It feels like I am on an emotional roller coaster that seems to never stop.

My back slams against the front door and kisses are being placed on my neck frantically. I've always been one to lie, and today it came smooth when I told George that I was going out for lunch―which is really abnormal for me― and I was gonna work on our ratings guide. It slid out of my mouth like butter and I left the office instantly, seeing Four's Hummer sitting outside for me. 

"We have to make this quick." I remind him as he rips off his tie and I unbutton. He hums in response and presses his lips to mine again, and slips down my skirt and underwear. I've only been to his apartment three times and that was during the duration of the week before last, and this week, this will be my third. I love his apartment, it's so modern but still have a nice homey feeling to it. I feel my eyes roll back into my head as Tobias works wonders, Christina will go crazy when I tell her this.

Tobias makes me feel so good and so vibrant, he brings me so much happiness outside of the bedroom and now the girls are warming up to him. He met us at the park Sunday with Christina, Will, and Delilah. He and Will had a good time talk and playing with the kids while Christina and I giggled like school girls. If I have my hands full, Camryn doesn't mind sitting in Four's arms, and she's very picky about who holds her. He makes me forget about Eric and my problems when I'm with him.

+++

"You look beat." Christina comments as I walk into her house, collapsing on her club chair and London jumps in my arms, Delilah on my other side and they both press kisses on my cheeks making me smile.

"I feel beat." I confirm as I return the girls' affection and within seconds they are back to playing dolls on the floor and Camryn is in my arms, on the verge of falling asleep, me too girl. . . me too.

Christina smiles and sits down on the edge of her couch, "Long day?" She questions. I look up and nod my head at her. After spending quality time with Four, I was done for the day and wanted to go home and crawl under my covers. But, sadly I need money and I can't depend on Eric, so I need to fight and make my girls happy.

"I-uh-hung out with Four on lunch break." I glance at the girls and her mouth drops to the floor, she shrieks and the girls look at her, wicked smiles forming on their faces. They both start shrieking and I shake my heads, laughing at myself as they copy Christina. 

"Tris, you naughty girl." She whispers and I shake my head, "He wore you out." I sadly, nod my head. Christina and I talk in code for the next ten minutes since we have listening ears, and soon I am taking the girls home.

[Tobias]

"What the hell has you smiling like an idiot?" Zeke shouts as soon as I walk into the bar, making the people at the tables jump. I glare at him and make my way to the bar, sitting on the bar stool and Zeke starts to make my drink. I see Uriah, Zeke's brother, beside me and his head is placed on the bar, with a round of shots in front of him. I look at Zeke with my eyebrows furrowed and he shakes his head at me, "Lady problems." He mouths to me and I chuckle.

Uriah really needs to find a lady who can stay with him and actually tolerate his playful personality. . . it took me a while to do so.

"Let me guess," Zeke throws his rag over his shoulder while I take off my suit jacket and sling it around the back of my chair, I have a seat and Zeke laughs, "You my friend, just got laid." He tells me as he starts to make my drink and I hand him my card.

I furrow my eyebrows in fake confusion as I try to bring my smile down, "What makes you think that?" I question, sipping on the amber-colored alcohol, tasting the strong, familiar, scent instantly.

"I remember when you lost your virginity," he whispers with a knowing look and my face falls, "I know that smirk. . . who was it?" Zeke is my bestfriend and we keep each other in the loop, no matter how embarrassing—sometimes.

"Tris." I glance at Uriah to see him still banging his head softly against the smooth, polished, yet hard, wooden countertop.

He gasps and a wide grin breaks out on his face, "The Milf?" My face falls at him and if the bar wasn't as full, and his boss wasn't standing fifty feet away, I would reach across the bar and wring his neck out, "Man, you're lucky. She's hot to be a mommy; a young, fit, tight—"

"Okay Zeke, stop before I call Shauna." Now it's time for his face to fall and I chuckle, Shauna and I are close so I can butter it up to sound worse than it usually was so he can get smacked on my behalf, "But, between us, her husband isn't treating her right--"

"--ah, counselor Eaton." Zeke wiggles his eyebrows, "But seriously man, did you wrap it up?" An endless pit falls into my stomach and I'm assuming by the look on my face, Zeke knows too.

Did I?