chapter 4

Nalia spent the next few days receiving.The whole house was filled with ever present never leaving guests.
It had started early the morning after the ball.Having hosted a ball that had not ended until the wee hours of early morning, most of the occupants at Havrove Manor were asleep.My,even the servants had slept until 9 o'clock if Maria was to be believed .
Nalia had awaken past luncheon and had been so tired to even ride with Ara.She had painstrikingly donned her fencing gear for her lessons with Ara and even then they had had only an hour session.Planning to go to her room and order for a hot bath and early supper, she had matched into the hall with Ara in town and had gone in search of Humbert in the parlor unfortunately her,she had removed her head gear and her hair was loose and that was how the hoad of matrons had met with her.They were probably on their way to a drawing room to have afternoon tea but stopped dead on their tracks to gaze at her.Feeling shy she smiled a little bit embarrassed and gave her greetings. They looked at them both and Ara was also doing her best rigid back and chin up lift and Nalia suppressed a smile.Someday some women would try to trample on her girl but she would most likely give them this look and they would quake in her wake.She had made her excuses and ran off to change and presented herself to host.
She had been hosting and smiling so hard her cheeks ached.During one of the suppers Lord Hahn had come out of his den and had so kindly joined them and had been laughing at her beneath his lashes at how hard she smiled.
This morning she had taken the under naurished cat she had found in the woods for a walk.It was the prettiest black with such deep eyes that Nalia had struggled to not stare at it.
She had never owned a pet except for the horses back home and only two were hers.She had also seen pictures ofcourse from her lessons and heard all stories about pets but deep in her heart she had always known that she was more affected to cats.
She had patiently and painstreakingly lured him to trust her.She had brought food which he had looked at from above the tree but had not touched. On her third attempt he had jumped down from the tree with a sound like a hard throathy cough and had fixed those bright orbs that looked like a shining moon on her and it took all her strength not to run. She had instead forced herself to calm down and had spoken patiently to him all the while holding his gaze as best as she could.She had asked to approach him her palms up the way Richard had taught her to do with the horses.He had extended a paw but Nalia saw he had no intention of giving her a kiss as the razor sharp claws revealed themselves.Heading the warning she had stood where she was and had kept on talking hoping he would come to her.He didn't but he did eat her food.
Slowly he had gained a bit of meat on his boney body and after some time she had had to speak to Hahn and ask for his consent to keep the animal.
She had named him Richie after her favorite male in the world.
The wedding approached so fast and before knowing how Yannaliakyva Dimitri White was walking down the aisle about to become a Mrs.
She had had the gown fashioned for her in France.She knew,the scandal it would generate but she really cared for nothing precisely. In her head what she heard was her Christopher's voice telling her she would be the most brilliant bride anyone ever could see.She dragged her feet to the front not having any idea how beautiful she looked a fact tho that did not escape Hahn.
The gown was stewn to fit her body perfectly hugging her like a second skin.The veil hid her face well and Ara in the front looked adorable.
The ceremony went quickly.
She intentionally skipped the to submit and obey part.
The villagers had come to the manor to celebrate the breakfast and as tradition demanded the couple would have a wedding night here and then on to the honeymoon tour and Nalia was so desparately scared.