Chapter 11

The ladies were all getting ready for bed in their interconnected chsmbers.Nalia had been very pleased when she learned that the house they were leasing for their stay had interconnecting door to all chambers in truth it was the reason why she had chosen it. Now as they took turns narrating the balls events to their ladies maids who were combing their hairs in the shared dressing room she realized she had made the right choice.
"...she virtually stomped on Hahn's foot, if the loud hmmh he emitted had anything to go by I do say,his toes are mush now..."Masha trailed off in a fit of infectious laughter.
Catching her breath as she recalled the way Christobal grunted she took a breath to steady herself and went on to explain, "you say of me but I can assure you the person whose walking will be most unpleasant if at all is Christobal,ah the poor fellow...Kat dear I believe you broke his feet,for the painful grunt I heard almost had me feeling sorry for him."
Another round of laughter was interrupted by the slight knock at the door.Seeing their butler, Nicola nodded her consent for his entry.
The poor man looked positively flashed at the sight of their less than proper dressing and kept his gaze rooted to the wall above their heads as he announced they had guests.
"Really Martin, at this hour,tell them we are unavailable. "
Again the man looked uncomfortable, "well your grace... the guests are your husbands and I had already said as much despite the loud laughter being heard all the way down when they threatened to come up if I didn't ask you to go down." Nalia smiled, not at their husbands rudeness but at their Butler's. He had always been frank which in England would be considered most pertinent but luckily they were not in England and she had always appreciate frankness.
Looking to her friends they all nodded and she said a mischievous smile lighting her face as an idea popped up "all right,you can go ahead and show them to the drawing room and then...."

Hahn paced the small space of the drawing room theh were all cramped in.They had been waiting for-he checked the grand cloak at the top of one wall and groaned-an hour now and still no sign of them.
The loud laughing had resumed and it made him strangely uneasy. How is it that Nalia was so happy when he was dying to be with her to hold her in his arms...their voices once again boomed as they cried out in delight and the sound of footsteps and hushed tones was heard above their heads.
Hahn cursed silently, why was this place so small he could just manage to stand straight,the noise was irritating him so much that he just managed to bit back a curse and was thus surprised when he heard a loud one enamate and realised it wasn't him.
"I can not take anymore of this.I shall go mad if they do not come down immediately. "Chris said passionately. Hahn smiled hearing his own frustrations mirrored.
"I wonder,"he said"did that impertinent butler of theirs even convey the message?"
"I'm sure he did,"Westcliff said,his voice sounding strained "remember the silence that filled the air when he went upstairs...my word I'm going up..."his voice trailed off as the door opened and said butler emerged.
"His..."
"No need for announcing me Martin.Thank you, please send this mens carriages around would you."
A man's husky voice was heard behind the door .
Although he sounded polite Hahn heard the unmistakable sound of authority behind hid voice.Whoever he was he didn't seem used to not being listened to...no not listened to but obeyed.His voice sounded cultured but with a hint of an accent that announced he was not British.Looking at his friends he could see they too were waiting for this man and wondering who he was ordering the butler around.

Richard walked into the door ready for war.When he set his eyes on the four men sitting,minus one,and saw their frustrated faces,he openly smiled.
"Gentlemen,I apologize for keeping you waiting."he paused to walk over to the small bar at the corner of the room, giving them time to remember they had seen him earlier that night and to add to their already buding imaginations. He took his time selecting a bottle of whisky and pouring himself one intentionally not pouring them any.
He took his seat drank a sip and then made a show of reclining himself more.
"Yes,now how may I help you?"
He could see that they realized he was dalling and that they were booming with questions especially the ones he recognized as Hahn and Kat's husband.the bastards!all the instincts in his body urged him to punch them to a bloody pulp but although that would be satisfying as hell,it would not be half as frustrsting to them as this was.He waited till just when Hahn was about to speak and broke him off before a word could come out.
"My,how rude of me."He stood slowly walked again to the bar and took five glasses and poured in a shot in each without asking what they would like.The girls had told him what each drank and ditested and he made sure to give to them exactly what he knew they did not like.He saw a jaw twitch in Masha's husband's face and bit his cheek to keep from smiling."Please,do drink."Delighting in their well bred manners he knew they would not refuse to drink .Not for the first time he thanked God for being Russian atleast he had his own rules.He watched them grimace again as they swallowed a sip before picking up where they left off.
"It's good is it not?"he saw the answering grimace on their faces sipped his whisky before he laughed and continued "oh yes how may I be of help?"
Taking the cue to be rid of that awful tasting drink,Hahn pushed his glass on the table with a bit of force to signify his displeasure though his mind still warned him against his bad manners.
Biting back a retort,he smiled his best and said,"well we were here to see our wives actually. "And not have drinks with you,but he let that hang.The no good man who his wife had declared love for prior in the night,smiled serenely unaffected by his jab making Hahn feel like a little boy again in his mother's library.
"Your wives?..." Hahn literally bit his tongue seeing clearly that the man knew exactly what they were talking about but wanting to continue with the dalling he had been doing since he walked in.
"Yes,wives,the woman you marry and vow to stay with till death do u part."Westcliff added his ire showing as he had never been one to practice patience.
"You will pardon my lack of knowledge in the matter, you see I am unmarried."he wiggled his ring finger as proof,his smile not faltering.Infact he seemed more amused,and then Hahn saw it, the steel look in his eyes, the anger behind the amusement and as the green eyes turned their intensity upon him he suddenly felt unusually disturbed.The amusement in the voice turned to such a coldness that he looked at Westcliff and they realized something they had not before.This man,whoever he was,meant no joke and would be a literal human shield between them and their wives and that is when it all occured to him.Their wives had know exactly why they had called to him.He also knew his role no wonder he had told them he was sorry for keeping them waiting.
A chill like he had never known washed over his body ,something sinister lacked behind the man's eyes and thought Hahn had always been proud and stubborn he did not feel like being either now.
"I know though what the vows say,for one is to love and cherish,so you will understand me when I feel insulted when a man marries one of my wards and then does the opposite of his vows.Seeing as I abore your behavior of mincing your words I will say this as best as I can,I intend to ruin you hurt you in any way I possibly can but you see my wards have yet to give me a go ahead..also this seems to torture you more,"he paused to smile again and Hahn wanted to punch his teeth out,"make no mistake it feels me with immense pleasure."another pause,"please see yourselves out and make note of staying ten yards away from me. "Walking to the door Richard opened it before turning back to the visibly livid men and said as an addition, "tomorrow we head to Russia,all of us,including Merith,she seems to have fit in like an additional sister and I have a fondness for her,"this he directed to Westcliff.See that none of you head thereyou know what they say ,a lion is dominanton land but in water a shark could easily mince it...another smile..."and Russia,well...he let the words trail but his green eyes had turned to moss ,he looked deadly and frightening but with a blink that was gone and in its stead was the amused look."Martin please see to it that they leave."
Just like that he was gone leaving an angry but well threatened lot.

Hey guys,I apologise for not updating earlier,I have been working on another thing.Love you all.