Strangers

"Where is the doctor.Humbert please,send another footman to go find Evans and that doctor..."Nalia yelled,her mind spinning.
She had ordered the footman to cut loose two horses and return to the village,to Giselda's house,with one horse for him and the other for the doctor and his healer wife.
Those few minutes to the manor had been the longest of Nalia's life,as with every jostle of the carriage Merith let out screams of pain and the child sitting opposite them gazed at her frightfully .
It was most touching when he started crying too,telling an exasperated Nalia,"don take well to tears."
She had had to take him into her arms,protruding belly and all and still comfort Mer who had broken into another round of tears.
By the time they had arrived at the manor,she was ready to simply sit on her lap and cry but she had to instruct the staff to carry Merith upstairs and prepare for her delivery.
The housekeeper,Mrs.Plumpboo was an efficient woman and lucky for her the staff was moving about quickly.
Still her peace was not granted.She asked her friends who had come down from their chambers to take care of Mer while she went to the nursery to introduce the new frightened child to the rest.
She prayed with her heart that the other children would accept this other one as their own.
When they entered into the nursery ,she found Damien and Ara both asleep and she sighed.Feeling a strong longing to hear her child's voice but she had another one to take care of .
Searching for some of Damien's clothes,she had laid them out then proceeded to go to the kitchen to order for a hot bath for the child.
It was on her way back up that a cry of pain from the south wing had caught her attention and she had started yelling at Humbert.

Staring at the reason for her mangled thoughts,she blinked again.
Then she slowly set the child on her hip down. He whimpered most probably frightened.
Tearing her gaze from the sight,she focused on the child infront of her.
The silver eyes with a circle of blue that had so captured her gaze focused on her too.Slightly frightened yet searching into her in a way that reminded her of the first time she had met his father.
Cupping his cheeks so that she assured him of good faith she told him,"sweetheart,do you think you could go with that good man there to take your bath,I promise you I shall come right after I speak to that other man."she indicated each man.
He shook his head once in the negative and added,"no bath ma'am,Marcus no water." his eyes looked frightened but resolute.
She feared he may be afraid of water for another reason which as of yet she did not wish to consider.
She nodded her head once and told him,"alright sweetheart,no bath,not for now atleast ok.How about,"she searched her mind for something that Ara liked."How about some hot pie."
The sharp eyes focused on her again and she bit back a laugh.
Really,it seemed dessert was the universal child speak.
"Go on,chef will give you some."
He looked at her deeply and Nalia was glad she was being truthful for the child had a way of making you doubt oneself. As if finding what he was searching for,he gave another quick nod before turning to match to the footman who had been standing by watching them.
Remembering his flimsy clothes,Nalia took her cloak off and walked over to his little frame to put it on him.She could tell when the warmth filled him for he sighed.She crouched down again to pull the over large hood on his small head and told him,"there now sweatheart.Go eat."
He surprised her by grasping her legs in a suprisingly strong hug and gazing at her with those large eyes before he awarded her her fathers famous grin."Thankie ma'am." Then just as quickly he pulled back to leave with the footman.
Nalia gazed at him go.His entire palm grasping the footman's two fingers as her chest constricted and vowed to herself to get 6o the bottom of the entire saga.
"I realize I never told you but you make a wonderful mother,my lady."the husky words were said right behind her and she span around in shock.Her mind having temporarily forgotten about him.
She stared at the blond curls,the chiseled face and the set jaw.Her eyes lifted up to clash with his and she finally allowed herself to reach a trembling hand to caress his cheek,then lowered to his stubbled jaw and came to rest on his chest.
He sucked in a breath lifting her chin with such gentleness and pressing their foreheads together. Nalia was too caught up in the way her whole body sang and her heart thundered to register anything but him. He placed a tender kiss on her forehead which only resulted in an increase of her heart rate. "When I thought of you this past months,of us reuniting again"Then he kissed her cheek"I thought of kissing you,so thotoughly that your lips would be bruised.",his lips tracing a path to her ear that ignited a flame."Then I told myself I must exercise restraint."
"But here we are..."He told her ,his lips brushing the sensitive bud and Nalia had to suck a breath.
His brushed his lips all the way to her nose and peaked the probably pink tip.
Then moving his lips to peak the side of her lips he whispered,"I have missed you so." Before moving his lips to angle them just a whisper away from hers.
Nalia clutched his coat in her hand and waited.Her blood sparkling ,eagerly anticipating the kiss. Her heart a drumbeat unheard except by her,her eyes automatically closing...It took her a minute to realize he was not kissing her and she opened her eyes and blinked to find his searing into hers.Eyes full of lust but mirth beneath ,she wanted to kick his shins for his behaviour and then she realized,he was waiting for her permission.
Letting out a growl,she pressed her entire self to him ,her lips tasting his and demanding their due.
He sighed,then wrapped his arms around her waist to lift her up,not breaking the contact that they most treasured.
Nalia lifted her hands from his coats to place them at the nape of his neck and as his tongue touched hers she melted into his kiss  Her blood molten lava,she found she had tagged his hair.
He growled and deepened the kiss,nibbing her lips as she clung to him for dear life.
She felt one hand leave her waist trailing up to ber front and was eagerly waiting for his touch when she heard a cough and pulled her mouth away from his.
He chuckled softly,bending to place her on her feet before hugging her to him and placing a chaste kiss on her head.
"What is it Humbert?"she heard him ask above her head.
The ever stoic voice of her butler shook for a second as he replied,"well my..."he cleared his throat then continued."well your grace,the physcian is here."
She felt her husband nod,before shuffling feet moved away.
It was only after the butler moved away that he released her from his embrace.
As they gazed at each other,Nalia was surprised to see the tenderness in his eyes.
He brushed the strands that had fallen on her eyes.
"You must be tired."he told her.
She nodded feeling the need to unburden herself overwhelming her.
"If I told you of my day you would understand why."
"Go rest."he said softly.
She shook her head no."I must take care of both Merith and the child needs a bath."
"What of you ,you are expecting and I know you have not rested or eaten."
"I..."
"Alright,how about we both care for the child,I shall give him the bath then you eat sonething and nap for just an hour.Agreed?"
His brow was raised in the way she knew meant no discussion.
She wanted to argue but she was so tired that she simply nodded.
"We shall talk later I promise you."
She was to say something when a piercing cry broke their talk and Nalia forgot her promise grabbing her skirts and dashing up the steps.

*****************-******************
I hope you all really liked this chapter.
Yes,I know a lot for Hahn to make up for and they needto talk but for now they have enough problems.
😆
Also I am falling for Marcus,are you not.

Ok,
Love you .
Xxo
I.