chapter 11

Nalia looked to her ladies and they all shared a non too secret smile.
They gathered together Nalia saw Kat was almost doing a victory dance and she had to bite her lip to stop from laughing out loud.
Kat's husband was having it out with that harlotain woman.
She signalled for them to go to their rooms,the ball now must surely be ruined.
Thankfully the princess had organised for their stay in the castle.
As they turned to leave Richard's form,stiff and stern as she had ever seen it, came foward to escort them to their chambers in safety.
Nalia saw his muscles flex a few times and wondered if perhaps he was angry with her.
She bit her lip.Perhaps she should explain matters to him.She hoped he did not disapprove for she adored him so and his disapproval would hurt her way more than anything else.
As he put them im the carriage one by one and kisses their hand, Nalia hesitated a bit.Not wanting to ruin their night.
Stepping into his arms,she tilted her head to look him in the eye in the light the moon shone oh so brightly, "Nick,"she hesitated a little longer and saw his eyebrow quirk and she felt a twinge of hope rise to her heart."are you vex with me?"
He smiled and she relaxed and stepped into his open arms.
"My sweet love,I am not vexed by you at all.
You know that my love for you is both strong and true....and it extends to app your friends.I have seen you all grow up and I have a duty to you all,as your guardian and as your prince.I have let these peoppe you married harm you."he reached out to cup her face in his palm and Nalia felt soo much more peace than she had in the past two years.
"Go now,we shall speak tomorrow. I love you dearly and I will always help you my sweet love."
"Please come to the cottage in the morning, then we shall go see Ara together,and you could never let us down. I love you so much more for worrying still."Bringing her head to his lips he plantes a sweet lingering kiss on her forehead before stepping back.
"Go now.I shall see you tomorrow. "
Nalia stepped into tge carriage, her ladies and friends said goodnight and as the carriage started to move she turned to gaze back at the man who had been her all,her brother in truth,her father,her mother,her tutor,her confidant and even reprimander.Feeling a surge of love for him she yelled to him 'I love you!' ,heard him laugh and a far away "I love you more... "the rest of the words if any were swallowed by the sound of horse feet and carriage wheels.

Unbeknown to her,Nalia had had an audience and one of the audience members was quivering in anger.
Lord Hahn and his friends had seen the ladies head out, being as that the goat of a man who had thus far prevented any interaction between them and their wives was accompanying them,he had decided to linger until he had left before approaching his wife.
He had endured the open adoring gaze of his wife and that clad of a man as they danced. He had endured the man's obvious hostility towards him but as he stood there listening to him tell her how he loved her and had disappointed her by allowing their marriage,well,a man had his limits.The final blow was the way he kissed her openly wuth such obvious love for HIS wife and she had stood there staring at him,bathed in moonlight,with love in her eyes in a way that is not nearly half of what she gave to him.
The nan in him demanded he move foward and punch the man to the pulp and he had too.Except his friends restrained him with none wird or other, none of which he heard more distinctly .
Watching her carriage go and that last impulsive I love you,with her head pocking out of the window all propriety lost,her hair bucking wildly in the wind behind her,he felt his heart ache again.With such longing for her it hurt.To hold her in his arms and never let go,to kiss her mouth until she melted against him to take her savagely with all the need he had stored for her,until she panted his name... his mind filled the thought for him by summoning the sound of her voice as she moaned for him,the way her body arched to his,her pants of his name and like a whispered kiss he heard her say "Nathaniel..." and his body grew taunt ready to take her.
"I'm having none of this I say.I'm going to follow that carriage,I'm going to have my wife back,if it's the only goal I have."
"So am I!I've had enough of this!My blood is hot and the witch has ruined me only for her."
Katherina's husband and Hahn's friend since Eaton said.
"Let's go get our wives back."Masha's husband said "or atleast take what we are given if only for tonight but I can not stay away much longer."