sneak peak of into the past...

December 1888,

The Winter Palace, Russia.

It was easy to see why the men were crazy enthralled with the ladies who were busily dancing to the hopak. Watching them he thought it must be the way their hair caught in the candle light as if the candles mistook it for one of their kin. As they moved with the music their heads tilted to the chandeliers their pale alabaster skin seemed to reflect the glittering jewels. Their skirts billowed with the graceful movements of their small waists and as the instruments came to a stop they stood hands in the air trying to catch their breath. Their blossoms heaved with the strain of the fast-paced dancing, in perfect synchrony no less. They each gave a curtsey and then quickly moved to embrace each other then their brother as he strolled in to give each a kiss. Yet as he kept his post by the door, Jonathan decided that the true reason men were hovering around the girls was their glittering smile which he was unfortunate to receive seeing as he was in the general direction of their brother. They had a way to smile. It brightening their faces, starting from their lips cringing the way to their almond shaped eyes and dimpling their less lean cheeks. The joy was not in seeing them smiling but in the rarity of it. The twins commonly known as krasivyye ved’my for whichever you got, they bewitched you. One was fire one was ice. Where fire burnt with her passionate and wild spirit the ice frosted with her withdrawn and piercing eyes that seemed to know all your sins making her incredibly uncomfortable to be around. Her sharp tongue helped her naught but Jonathan knew this was the reason her smiles melted men’s heart for one was never accustomed to it and as such endeavoured to be bequitted with one. He could say this much for himself at least.