Reunited

Two women were walking the wide expanse of the garden at Hahn Manor.
Both covered in long walking dresses and heavy coats and their breath were seen as steam in the cold snowy fall but they had persisted to be let to walk.
"I almost wish for this condition to be over quickly so I may get back to my normal routine, I know you find it gruesome talk. " the blond woman said between pants of breath.
Nalia paused to throw her red hair out of her face, thankful for the thick kid gloves on her hand, before shooting Merith her wide smile.
"I would like to think I am not as self centered and I assure you I am counting the days until he comes out for I tell you I never knew pregnancy could be so tiresome. Truly,look at us,we seem to be the only people out in this chill."
Quirking a smile Merith mimicked Mrs. Stockmann's voice, "girls, if you would prefer long and tedious labor by all means do sit and sleep, "here she would pause to dramatically lift her brow before adding, "else, let walking be your guide, not gruesome walks but a stretch in the yard should do. "
Nalia laughed again, pleased with how her friend did an almost perfect mimick of their previous governess.
"I fear it though I must admit. "She said sobering up.
Merith paused by her side, gazing at Nalia with a vulnerable look.
"Aye, myself even more Lia. What would I do if... if.. I lose it again. I must admit the fear hangs over me constantly, ti's why I insisted we return to England, my previous doctor was a learned man who I have to say helped in as much as he could. "
Feeling guilty for not considering that her friends fears were greater than hers, Nalia quickly apologized for her carelessness.
"There's no need to apologize, truly, I feel unburdened for finally being able to speak to someone about it myself. "
"The same is true of me."she paused to weigh if she should say what she wished to say. "You see, when Talya was with child, she kept it such a closely guarded secret and more so being as we are, she never showed until her last trimester abd even then she convinced us it was due to her refusal to wear corsets any further that her tummy bulged just slightly. To be truthful, it really was a slight bulge. That is why Richard and I allowed her to go to Paris those final months. For one, she had planned it for months with her ladies in waiting. They were so merry about it and besides her health was good. The worst part I realized is that since we never expected her virtue to have been compromised, Richard had kept a strict watch on Hahn. "A smile touched her lip as she recalled how he had been such a protective watchdog.
"Having no such expectations made us unaware of the signs. When the severe morning illness hit, we believed it was the change of weather or she did not quite agree with something. Being as she were, she arranged to travel to Spain. She was back months later, well improved and back to her usual fun loving self. "
"Was she always a happy person? "
Nalia nodded, vigorously."Yes, oh how she loved life, she would dance any chance she got, she loved music and her voice, oh her voice would bring gooseflesh to one's skin. It was as if the angels themselves were singing. She loved to travel, to discover new lands, to eat new cuisines and if she liked you oh she'd let you know. "
Merith saw the nostalgic smile on her friends face and realized she was lost in images only she could see.
"There was a time, when she met one of Richard's friends, he was the archduke of Spain, that she was so mesmerized by his eyes, I remember thinking oh what deep eyes. They were the lightest brown you could see as if one took honey and were lifting it into the sun and it's light was trapped in the honey. I admired him from afar, but not Talya. She waited for them to be introduced and as a greeting told him, oh but you have the most marvelous eyes. " Nalia chuckled recalling everyone's startled response.
"They were all quite shocked really, Richard as always smiled and made apologies for her foward manner all the while rubbing Talya's head and bestowing a kiss on her forehead. "
Merith smiled imagining the shock that the woman caused wherever she went.
"It was easy to criticize Talya, yet none of them ever failed to fall. She was a light to moths and how they flocked towards her. Richard had to fight left and right to ensure no one took advantage of her. "
"The prince sounds as if he were a great sibling to have. "
"Yes, oh Richy is amaizing, he always took care of us, indulged our every whim, taught us how to fight how to survive, when yo use carrots and when to use sticks and loved us faults and all, in all, he was the parent we never had. "
"I interrupt you, please continue, "Merith added realizing how engrossed she was in the tale of this sister she had not known as such.
"When she left for Paris that summer, she hugged me goodbye, telling me how she would bring me new dresses to rival those of my dressmaker. She was full of laughter as usual and she promised to back in time for Christmas at the winter palace. "
The soft smile left Nalia's face and her eyes took a pale sad look.
"You can not imagine the shock I felt when a missive arrived at Havenhurst requesting my immediate presence in Calais. It said not much, simply to dear sister, come quickly to the address below. I fear I have deceived you to long and my troubles haunt me. You will be surprised I am sure but find it in your heart to forgive me.
There was never even a signature except for her seal but seeing as I knew her hand and I had only one sister, I hastily left. "
Her emerald eyes filled with tears and she blinked thoroughly, trying to hold them back. When she spoke again, her voice was husky with emotion and Merith clasped her hand and squeezed it.
"When I arrived in Calais it was already to late. Her maid was the only one waiting for me, she told me about how they had been ambushed and Talya having just given birth had lost so much blood. She knew not what to do except follow her ladies instruction to escape with the babe. When she was only a mile away she saw the men set fire to the cottage, heard a woman's scream and saw the men standing outside. She later went back and found Talya's engagement ring in the ashes. After making inquiries she found out that the men were mercenaries who had been boasting of how they killed an unfaithful woman."
Merith felt herself shudder, her heart clenched at the cruelty of the situation.
"The worst was, had Talya been strong enough, she would have fought them and knowing how well trained we were I am sure she would have at the least injured them. Yet in her condition she was unable to help herself. I lost my sister and I am yet to capture her assailants. "Nalia's voice broke.
Merith wished to say something but in all fairness words failed her. She knew from experience that no words healed an injured soul.
"She sounds just amazing and I am sorry I did not meet her. "She said finally as they rounded the bend to come to the nain entrance.
"Also... "Her words were cut out by the loud shrills of a woman, who was screaming at the butler,while a footman held her back and tried to take her away.
Nalia seemed to forget her own woes and increased her pace to appeoach the small gathering of servants.
"Yo shan't manhandle myself me say. Let go of me! "The woman, wjo looked decently dressed, with hair so black and tanned skin and was dressed in an array of colorful skirts and jewels said as she struggled against the footman.
"Evans really, from whence are guests to the manor treated so barbarically. "
Nalia said her manor cool and collected yet the gaze she fixed on the footman managed to convey extreme disappointment.
The footman let the woman out of his grasp as if she burned and quickly apologized gazing to the butler for guidance. The older man sighed then said, "forgive us your grace but she would not go and insisted to have an audience with you even when we informed her of your absence. "
The woman who had regained her balance, quickly bobbed an uncultured curtsey.
"I apologize your grace. Ti's that I could not trust them to be fair with myself. What with my culture and all. "
Nalia smiled at the woman's frankness and replied, "well as you can see, I truly was not well but enough of speaking from the door. Do come in, eh what's your name again.?"
"Griselda my lady. "
"Well, do come in Griselda. "
"Actually my lady, ti's of extreme urgency .My, my husband is gravely ill and we have not the money to hire the doctor and... and I can not bear the sight of him so. The, the villagers say you are kind to your people back home and I said to miself I would come here and plead my case. If the fates which for you to help me this day then you shall, if not, atleast I tried your grace. "
When her bowed head rose, her eyes were filled with tears and Nalia felt the ache in her answering heart.
Turning to the footman, she said, "Evans do ready the carriage would you ,we leave now and call for the doctor immediately. "
The woman gave a shout of joy and started praying for blessings upon the ladies.
Merith stood aside, marvelling at how simply kind hearted her friend was.
From the time they had met she had seen how pure of heart she was and again she wondered how God would have paired her with the likes of Hahn.

******************-*****************
Hi people so a bit of Talya's history here.
I hope you get to see her a little more as a person now and understand the deep bond the siblings had.Also why Nalia loves Ara so much.

I shall update again soon,
In the meantime please vote and comment,I love feedback.

Xxo
I