Reacquinting

She took a deep breath, basking in the fact that her body no longer had corsets to limit her intake of breath and for a moment she wondered if she could go back to wearing them after her pregnancy. Looking down at the giant size of her belly which thank the Lord was well hidden with the cloak her modiste made for her, she bit her lip thinking it would be for the best really.
Sighing again, she reached out to take the hand of the butler who stood next to her to aid her with the few steps to the front door.
Again her mind made her wish that there were no steps. Truly, who in a sane frame would build steps so steep?
How inconsiderate of them.
She felt the painful kick of her belly and she had to pause for a second. It had started kicking her as any time she thought of something and as if in agreement it would kick, or when Ara was near and it simply wanted attention(infact it had turned out that it wanted Ara's attention indeed for it kicked at her relentlessly until after Ara came), and when Richard came too. The sound of his voice was enough to elicit constant kicks and Nalia was left to wonder if indeed it slept at all.
Seeing her pain, Mikael winced and stepped foward to her side to lift her small frame into his arms bridal style.
"I am sorry your Highness but I can not see you in pain. "He told her in his thick Russian as way of explanation then turning a fierce gaze on her belly he added, "tis wrong to cause pain to our loved ones little babe. "In as stern a voice as tho he believed the child could hear him.
Nalia smiled despite the pain as the babe in her quitened down as if in remorse.
"Twould seem your words have ways of calming it or maybe you are simply the reprimanding uncle. "She teased which in turn earned her a disarming smile as his lips cracked apart in a loopsided grin that made his eyes light up and crinkle at the edges.
Placing her softly on her feet he proceeded to support her nodding to the butler in the I'll take care of her gesture.
Nalia smiled again, genuinely despite the fatigue that plagued her and made her want to curl up in a warm bed to sleep for three full eves. Indeed, for she may have the misfortune of parents who simply saw her as a lesser thing in the archievement of their domination against the English continent and her husband may be the devil himself with his treatment of her,yet she found the strength to be thankful to her Lord,for she had her brother's loves and really he adored her and there was Mikael who although never having declared his love for her was more the father she never had and sometimes when he thought she was not watching he would gaze at her with such deep emotion that her heart would ache. To add to them, she had her friends who truly would leave everything to aid her in her quest, they quarrelled and cried with each other and always helped one anor when the time required it. She also had the love of her kingdom and their respect despite being a female ruler and then there were the servants of her husband's hiusehold who had not given her any reason to complain.
Truly she was thankful.

The butler stepped foward, his poise regal and back ramrod straight and although his face was devoid of any emotion she could tell by the sound of his voice that he was sincere when he said, "welcome home your grace.The chamber is ready for you and there is breakfast too. If you would please your grace, you may break your fast while I have your baths drawn."
Thank you,"she said with a smile, a little surprised at their efficiency despite the fact that she had not sent word ahead of her arrival but knew voicing this would have the negative effect she simply continued with, "I believe we shall break our fast before retiring it has been a long journey. " her gaze traveling to her friends to see them nod discreetly and she smiled again.
"Sir Mikael, would you join us? " she asked her guardian and he was quick yo decline the offer.
"I shall eat in the inn in town. I will be back to dine with you however. "
She nodded her agreement understanding his need to stay private but all the same not wishing for him to stay away from her.
Bidding them goodbye he gazed longing towards the staircase and she guessed he was trying to gauge where
Ms. Stockmann was, before walking right out.
"Do go ahead ladies, "Nalia gestured to her friends who, seemed to linger waiting for her to lead the way. Merith let out a sigh and said with a laugh, "You shan't have to insist with me my dear. "Placing her arms back on her belly and supporting her back with the other as thebfootman helped her remove her cloak.
Nalia could not help but laugh as she heard Nicola say loud enough for them all to hear, "worry not Mer, we understand you, what with all the extra space you occupy I believe Lya simply wants you away from her else there will be no room for none else. "
Merith snorted and answered something which Nalia could not hear really but smiled wondering when all the teasing of their condition would end.
She moved closer to the butler and told him, "Please ensure that word is sent to lord Westcliff, tell him of our arrival and do insist that Merith is under my protection. "
She paused to ensure that  her words are understood.
The butler answered "ofcourse your grace. "
"Also ensure that the inn keeper takes care of Sir Mikael with uttermost respect and dignity. Ti's no secret that he treats eh foreigners with disdain."she paused to see the confirmation in the man's eyes. Indeed it was no secret that the inn keeper a man with rumoured relations to the crown was disrespectful to Russians and barely hid his disdain to them.
Truthfully Nalia had had quite enough of him and would deal with him sooner than later, problem was if he showed his eh, preference freely to Sir Mikael he would surely wind up dead neither would Mikael hide his deeds which ofcourse would bring problems Nalia was not ready to address.
"I understand your grace. "
She nodded her consent and walked towards the dining room.
Not asking where her husband was as Sir Mikael had already told her he was in Westcliffe's estate.
A respite for sure for she needed a bath and adequate rest before dealing with the devil that he was.He was sure to attack her with questions and as of now her frantic mood swings were all she had to deal with.
Then there was Westcliff himself and how she had to find a way to deal with him.
Her head hurt to say the least and she wanted so much to skip the breakfast and go to her chamber and sleep.
Then she recalled she gad to take care of the ever active mass in her womb.

                      ************

Hey people!
I'm so excited to write even though I know I don't have a huge mass reading of this as of yet.
I'm going to dig into the more Talya and her romance with Jonathan also the threats following Hahn and Nalia as of now.
Plus hey a new baby, I'm not decided yey if it should be a girl or a boy and what of Ner's baby...
I'm excited.
Bear with me I'll be updating constantly from now on.

Also please note this is a draft which means a rewritten version will be up after this one ends.

Love you guys
Xxo
I.