004

It's Friday, finally! I went home straight greeting my parents who keep asking how my life is in school. I headed to my room to change.

"Hyeji!!" My mom shouts from downstairs as I rush to her. "Can you go buy some food in the nearby convenience store?"

She hands me the money even though I didn't say yes. Well what choice do I have? I put on my shoes and start walking to the store.

Okay, what else do I buy again? I should've written it down.

Ah, right. Soft drinks...I took 2 bottles of coke. I turned to bump to him. Jeon Jungkook. I rolled my eyes and moved aside to head to the other things I have to buy. Let's just ignore him, maybe he'll go away but he just follows.

"You ignoring me?"

I didn't reply and kept going. He pokes me from behind and kept doing it.

"Can you stop?" I turned to scold him.

"Ah, excuse me?" The person behind him spoke, looking at me in confusion. I bowed apologetically.

Jungkook laughs at me as I glare back. I grabbed the eggs and turned around, "Stop following me!"

"Eh?" The same person earlier replied. "I wasn't following you"

"Oh. I wasn't talking to you. Sorry." I responded as she goes away, staring at me weirdly.

"How about twix and kitkat?" He points at the chocolate bars.

Wait, that's two of my favourite chocolate. How does he know? I stared at him suspiciously as I grab the two bars putting it in my cart.

"You forgot the salt." He calls behind me. Oh yeah, I grab the salt then I stopped, "How do you know I have to buy the salt? And that twix and kitkat?"

He shrugs and pushes me to the cashier. I pay for all the things and headed home but still followed by this guy. What does he want from me?

I opened my house door and stopped, "Are you still going to follow me inside? Well, you can't."

I quickly go in to see my mom and dad all changed. "You guys going to somewhere?"

They nodded, "We'll be back by night. Cook your own food."

I set the ingredients down and turned around to meet Jungkook's chest right on my face. I let out a scream and I drop the coke bottle.

"What? What happened?" My mom questions and I point at Jungkook. My mom's eyes follow my finger and raises an eyebrow at me. "There's nothing."

I glanced at Jungkook who is standing right in front of me. "I thought I saw a spider." I stuttered lying. No one is going to believe this.

It's been 3 minutes since my parents left.

"Can you stop staring at me like I'm some idol?" He smirks.

For sure, he's a ghost right? I'm the only one that can see him. Ah, the camera. I pulled my phone out and took a picture of him. I was scared to see the picture but this will prove that I'm just not seeing things. I opened my eyes. There's nothing...just my kitchen.

"What are you..." I quietly said. Well, what can I do about this though? I can't tell anyone, who's going to believe me?

I went closer to the kitchen to start cooking a simple meal for me but...I am ashamed to say I don't know how to cook. I mean I do, but the simplest things only.

I grabbed the pan, still staring deeply into his eyes. He just shakes his head like I'm the crazy one. Maybe I am.

So is he dead then? How come me out of all people?
How can I know when I don't ask him.

He just stares at me weirdly. "I actually don't know." He shrugs going close to me. "I'm not dead though, Am I? You felt my heart beating, didn't you?"

Yeah, but is that enough proof?

"Just don't do anything stupid." I warned him and I start cooking.

"Put the salt in now." He comments. Oh yeah, the salt...
"No, that's later." He tells me. I stop and put the ingredients aside.
"Mix it well so it balances the flavour." He orders me as I take the spoon and start stirring it.

I turned to him. I didn't realize I have been following his orders for the past minutes. "Why don't you do it then!"

He chuckles at my reaction and comes closer. He takes the spoon and stirs it. "I think it's good now. Taste it."

I stare at him as I taste my own cooking. Oh, damn! It's so much better than my past ones. Hul~ never knew I can cook so well.

I took a bowl and got me some food. I thought for a moment whether to serve him food but he's not even real but maybe..

"I'm not hungry." He ends my thoughts there.

I finish up and washed my bowl. I am still intrigued in my encounter with this guy. He sits down beside me as I watch tv.

"He dies in the end." He suddenly spoke up.

I hit him on the side. "I didn't even finish it! Are you serious? Does he? You spoiled it for me..."

He nods like nothing.

I search the internet and he does...Now, I don't feel like watching it anymore! I turned it off and headed to my room. "Don't follow me!" But he doesn't listen.

I close my door on him but when I was about to sit on my chair, he was already there. I cursed out loud, scared of his sudden appearance. "Go away... you're not real." I comforted myself. I closed my eyes tightly and opened it to see him gone. Ah, there...easy.

"Easy what?" His voice from behind sent shivers down my spine.