021

Back here again at the bus, My dad said he can pick me up but I wanted to be alone to think. I put on my headphones, the music muffling the noises of the outside world. I can hear my heartbeat playing a note and I closed my eyes focusing on the heartbeat.

"Calm down...Here, take deep breaths. Inhale, exhale. I'm here, It's okay~ "

"No, I'm gonna die!" I held my hands which are starting to sweat. "I hate this."

"Hey, it's just a presentation. You'll be done in a minute. I'll clap for you." He ruffles my hair.

"Is my slides even good?" I turned to him, about to pee.

"Hyeji, it's good! Just take your deep breaths. You'll be fine. You're fine. Like always, fine." He smiles at me making all my worries go away. "I promise."

I'll be fine. I'm fine. Like always, fine.

"Miss!" A loud voice woke me up. I looked around, shit, I missed my stop! "The bus is not in service. Go down and wait for the other bus." The bus driver informed me, everyone already has gone down. I exited to scan my surrounding. Fuck, where am I? I asked the person beside me.

"You're here at Yeouido, the park is right there." She points to the right. Hul~ I just basically came back around, BigHit Hospital is just 10 minutes away from here. Jimin's office is 20 minutes away.

(I don't know Korea so I'm just throwing random places that I have heard in tv. ^.^)

I called my parents that I'll be a little bit late. I see a school from here and I decided to walk there, don't ask me, it just felt right. I looked inside the open gates, students roamed the school and some are outside hanging out. A ball came rolling my way as I held it up, one male student came running towards me. And I pass the ball to him but he stopped and scanned me, staring at me weirdly. "Aren't you Hyeji?"

"Oh, I am. How do you know me?" I questioned.

"Who wouldn't know Jungkook's girlfriend? Oh, I mean...if you guys are still dating." He looks at my uniform. "And seems like you go to another school now, huh?"

I nodded, "Who are you?"

"My name's Namjoon." He introduces. "Well, what are you doing here?"

I don't know either, "So Jungkook goes here?"

He raises his eyebrow at me, "Is that a question? You both went here but you both stopped going to school 4 months ago. Wait, are you guys still dating?"

I don't know either. "Well, can you tell me what you know about us?"

"Eh?" He reacted surprised, "Are you really Hyeji? Well, I don't have time. Bye."

"Wait!" I called after him, grabbing him back. "Please."

He sighs, "What's wrong with you, you should know about you two! You guys were the one that dated."

"Please." I pleaded.

He stares at his friends who are waiting for him then he threw the ball at them, "I'll be back! I just need to do something!"

We sat at the bench inside their school. "So...what do you need?"

"Uhm, this might be weird but do you know anything about me and Jungkook?" I started.

"Are you serious? Or are you just bragging about your relationship to me?" He laughs out but stopped when he realized I was dead serious. "Why?"

"Okay, I forgot. I forgot him. Don't ask and just tell me." I said out really fast.

His face stared at me blankly, "What kind of reason is that? How can you forget that guy? He was the most popular in this school, the eye-candy you can say. It's like he's that guy that everyone biases in a group or the biggest bias-wrecker. You know what I'm saying?"

"Can you please get to the point?" I responded. "Do you know how we met?"

He sighs, "You were a new student and he quickly took attention on you like he knew you before."

The picture in his hospital room, we were kids. Did we know each other before?

"Then you started dating." He ends it there. "So can I go now?"

"No, You don't know what happened before or like--"

"Kid, I know nothing about your relationship. I don't care about you guys."

"But...wait, we dated, right so how did we act?" I genuinely asked.

"Are you really asking this?" He complains then answers anyway, "You guys were the couple of the school. CC, that't the word, right? He kept following you but you ignore him, then you would argue every minute. He even called you his in front of a crowd then in school, if you had to present or something, you guys would talk about at the back. It seemed like he was comforting you. Ugh, this is so weird to talk about. Are you playing with me?"

"No, continue. I'm serious."

"And yeah, AH! I remember that time when he had to perform in school to sing and dance, he said out loud he wouldn't perform if you weren't there. I was one of the volunteers to set up and the one who was convincing him to go up stage already but he insisted you had to be there before he performs. I wanted to punch him there, oh sorry. He called you many times and told us you were coming and you came slamming the door open heaving, shouting at him as soon as you came like how you hate him and he should never do that again. Am I done now? This is so tiring to say." He complains once again.

"Then when you saw him last?" I asked more.

"Ah, that part was weird. You didn't go to school because we heard from the neighbourhood and the news that you drowned, right? Then you didn't go to school but when he did, it seemed like he lost control. He wasn't listening to the teachers, I mean he was the guy that skips classes but he even fought with the teacher that day. He ran away from school then yeah, he just disappeared." He answered. "I felt like he was too sad about your drowning, I thought you died because of how he acted. So I'm done now, okay?" He stood up and stared at me, "What really happened between you two? We don't even know where you guys were?"

"Thanks." I replied instead ignoring his question. I stood up and started walking away.

"YAH! He shouted behind me but I ignored it, "I DON'T GET ANYTHING AFTER THAT?! WAS THAT ALL FOR NOTHING? I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTIONS THEN YOU DON'T ANSWER MY ONLY ONE?! I WILL GET YOU WHEN YOU COME AGAIN! YOU OWE ME!"

I waved back and felt the stares on me.

"Yah. Isn't that Hyeji?"

"She has another uniform, she goes to another school now."

"Where's Jungkook? What happened to them?"

I heard the whispers around me, was I that known because I dated Jungkook? It's already 8pm?! Fuck, I spent 40 minutes here already, my dad called 2 times while my mom, 8 times...I called back to have her shouting on the phone.

"Where are you?! We were so worried. Hyeji, don't do this again!" My mom scolded over the phone.

"The sun is still up, I'm on the way. I'll be home soon." I replied and hung up. I'll probably get so much scolding after that. I made my way to the stop and headed home.

I thought of earlier, the dream. He was the guy. I never really thought why I started doing that, taking my deep breaths whenever I'm under pressure and saying I'm fine. I never questioned where I got those, I just did so.

Was all those from him? The words that comforted me the most was his words.

-------

Really long chapter, right? I usually don't write long but this story is hard to develop but here it is!! Hope you enjoyed it!

YZU.