016

"Ah, Hyeji!" Min ran after me. "I have something to tell you."

I nodded for her to continue.

"I have this cousin that goes to the other school and she says she knows someone named Jeon Jungkook." She told me with a smile on her face.

"Jungkook?"

"Yeah, it just came to mind and I asked her if she knows any Jeon Jungkook since you mentioned his name like 4 times. I know you were trying to be slick but it's obvious you were looking for him or had something to do with him."

I let out a laugh. I guess I was bad at hiding that part.

"He's 21 right?"

I nodded.

"Ah, he must be the one then. I don't know any Jeon Jungkook and my cousin said there's only one in that school. But then she said that he stopped attending school like about 4 months ago, no one knew why. This might be some news to you, bad or good but he has a girlfriend. Well, my cousin said they might not be together anymore but then they were like the couple goals, the school said. My cousin said Jungkook clearly had fallen in love with the girl." She chattered on and on as I carefully listen to her story.

"Who's this cousin of yours?"

"Ah, he's a guy but his school is an hour away from here." She responded. "But can you tell me who this Jungkook is? You're making me curious."

"He's this friend." I replied as she looked at me blankly and disappointedly.

"Friend..." She squints at me, "You're the girlfriend, aren't you?!" She said out loud and pointed at me. My eyes widen at her sudden reaction. I didn't even confirm but she kept talking. "That's why you're looking for him. He disappeared, just gone out of your view so you're looking for him? Hul~ what a love story. He must've had some reason, like for your safety or that kind of thing you know! Drama clichés at it's best." She smiled as she said some complete other story. I nudged her as I chuckled, "It's not like that. Will you believe me if I say something to you?"

She nods, "I believe anything, even if you say you saw some ghost then sure, I'll believe you."

Her words are shocking me, "What if I tell you I really did?"

"Ey~" She furrows her brow as she looks at me, "Wait...you really did?!"

I let out a laugh, "No! I was lying. You really do believe anything!" I decided not to just say that part since is he even a ghost? I checked the time, "Well, I'll get going and can you ask more to your friend?"

She smiles and nods, "No problem!"

I went home but as soon as I opened that door, I was seeing something unusual.

"Jimin-ssi?" I spoke up to see him smirking as he meets my eyes. He was right there sitting on the couch facing my parents.