027

Please...Jungkook. Please wake up. Open your eyes. (joyonghi open your eyes~)

I remember everything now. I do. Wake up and tell me to cry. Wake up and ask me to marry you. Please, Jungkook. I need you.

I love you.

I woke up to be still sitting on the couch. My body is sore from sleeping like this. I glanced outside, it was still dark and I stared at Jungkook who is still laying down in bed. I can't sleep.

I went closer to him and laid down beside him as I watch his face. I found myself putting my head on his chest. It comforted me to hear his heartbeat and that was his lullaby to me as I fall asleep.

(Can you hear my heartbeat?)

I woke up by a phone call. I struggled to open my eyes and I reach for my phone but then as I look up, open eyes were staring at me.

I almost fell off my bed surprised to see him awake. "J-jungkook?"

He stares blankly at me. My mouth slowly opens realizing he was awake. My phone was still ringing but I don't care at this moment. A smile filled my face as I run to him and hugged him as tight as I can. "Jungkook! You're awake!"

He wasn't reacting.

"Jungkook?" I backed away and stared at him.

"Who are you?"

------

"Calm down." Yoongi spoke to me as I paced left and right in front of the hospital room.

"But how is that possible? What kind of fate is this?" I questioned as I bite my nails.

"Hyeji, can you just sit down? You're making me dizzy from your walking." Yoongi sighed as I sat beside her.

"Yoongi, what do I do now?" I asked her with my teary eyes. "He doesn't remember me!"

"He will. You did so he can, too." Yoongi comforted me as we wait for the Dr. Jin to come out of the room.

"Right. I did it so he can, too. I mean I am here to help him remember." I nodded, trying to cheer myself up.

"Hyeji!" Jungkook's mom ran to me giving me a hug. "Where is he?"

"He's in the hospital room. We're still waiting for Dr. Jin to come out and inform us. He's taking longer than usual."

"So what is the thing that you're saying Jungkook doesn't remember anything?" Her mom asked me.

"He asked who I was. He said he doesn't remember me." I explained as my voice grew quieter. Her mom sighs as she drops to sit. "How is that possible?"

I sat beside her as I hold her.

Dr. Jin finally came out. He had a bad expression on his face and turns to us. "Mrs. Jeon and Hyeji-ssi, there's nothing wrong with his body and he's well but he doesn't remember anything when I asked him."

"How is that well?!" His mom shouted at him as I try to calm her down.

"You may go in." Jin spoke lightly and left.

I stood up and looked at his mom. "Aren't you coming in?"

She shook her head, "Hyeji, I can't do this. My son not recognizing me...it hurts. Go in first, you're probably the first he should see. You guys need to talk, too."

"You're his mom. Come on." I held her hand but she took it away.

"Hyeji. Please go in. I'll go later." She gives me a smile that anyone knows that it was forced.

"Omma." I called her and gave her a hug as I kiss her forehead. "Thanks."

I gave Yoongi a nod as I enter the room to see Jungkook sitting up on his bed. I smiled as he passes me a small smile back. How do I do this?

I sat on the chair beside him. "So you don't really remember anything?"

He shakes his head, "May I ask who are you? You didn't answer earlier."

That question again. The question that I hated the most. The question that I, myself asked.

"Don't ever ask that question! There's a reason why I didn't answer it!" I raised my voice. He nods lightly. "Eysh!" I almost cursed. "I'm Hyeji. So Hyeji."

He nods again.

"You really don't remember, huh?" I said once again.

"Hyeji-ssi? May I ask who am I? I guess my name is Jungkook."

"Don't Hyeji-ssi me! You know me! Don't speak formal to me, I'm younger." I found myself raising my voice again. I feel frustrated but I sighed again calming myself. "You're my boyfriend." I looked away. That sounded awkward especially that he doesn't remember.

"Ah~" He responds. "Then you must know me well."

I nod. "I do. Very much."

"I'm sorry but can you tell me more. I really don't know anything." He stares at me as he bites his lip.

"You're going to make me crazy! I finally remember you then you wake up and now, you don't remember anything at all. I hate you." I replied.

"You...forgot me?"

I nod, "Yes. I forgot you. Just you but then I did my everything to remember you so Jungkook." I paused before I continued, he was just staring back at me. "So Jungkook, promise me something." I go closer to him.

"Promise me that you'll do your best, too and remember everything. Alright? That you will remember me just like I did to you. Alright? Promise me that you'll keep your promise just like you did years ago." I stared at him to see if he's listening. "Jungkook, okay?"

He nods slowly. "Okay."

"Say you promise."

"I promise." He seals the promise right there and I will believe it.

THE END.
-------

Special thanks to xtaexx   ahsaeu ZenJMin for always voting!
I don't know why but I feel like ending the story here since I don't really want it to go over 30 chapters.

BUT!!!

If you want me to continue, I can make a second book of it where Hyeji helps Jungkook remember and that will include:

When they met again inYeoido.

When Hyeji remembers they have met before in the playground.

Jungkook's parts of the story.

Their old and new love story.

And MORE~

Just comment what you think I should do next. Thanks for reading and voting as always!

YZU.