025

I woke up with tears falling out my eyes. I wiped them off as I check the time. 2am. I realized I cried as I fell asleep for only 20 minutes but these tears were fresh as if it just happened now.

"Just cry. Let it out." Jungkook pats me on the back, his smile still on his lips. "Why do you always hold in your cry?"

I sniffled as my tears formed in my eyes and shook my head.

"Hyeji, just cry. You're hurting me here, too." He held me closer and tighter in his arms. "Cry. Let it all out or the more you will release later on."

I shook my head.

"Hyeji, please. You can cry, no one is stopping you. I'm here and as long as I'm here--"

"I'll be fine, I'm fine." I finished his sentence but as soon as those words came out of my mouth, tears started to blur my eyes.

"Cry." Jungkook whispered to me.

"No. You said I look ugly when I cry." I reasoned.

He lets out a sigh, "Is that your reason why you're not crying?"

"You told me I look better when I smile." I forced a smile to him and sniffed.

"When I said that, I meant a smile that really comes from your heart. Not a forced one but you know when you look the best to me?"

I shook my head, waiting for his answer.

"When you really show who you are. When you smile because you're happy. When you shout because you're angry. When you come to me because you need someone and I'm here always. I promise so Hyeji, just let it all out."

There and then, my tears just fell and streamed down my face. It hurts so much as more tears eventually came out as I start hiccuping and couldn't breath. Jungkook held me closer inside his arms. "It's okay..." He rubs my back as I hold his shirt tightly in my hands.

"Jungkook..it hurts. Just why?" My voice barely managed to speak out. 

I knew from the start why I was crying. It was when my parents went against what I wanted to be and the pressure just builds up. I guess I ran to him. That moment, I knew Jungkook was someone I dearly loved.

Running to someone on these kinds of moments wasn't something I do. I was always the kid that would cry to their self only. But I ran to Jungkook. I remember that day. I do.

I sniffled as my tears finally stopped. I felt so weak and vulnerable but also safe as I had Jungkook tightly holding me. I rested my head against his chest.

"Jungkook. Thanks." My voice whispered hoarsely.

"No need to, Hyeji. Just know I'm always here." He holds my head as he ran his hands through my hair. "You know, I'm somewhat happy."

I waited for his reason.

"You ran to me when you needed someone when you usually don't. And at this moment, I now confirm that you do listen to me." He lifts my chin up to meet his. He smiles warmly, it seems as his smile is contagious since a smile formed on my lips, too. "You do remember when we first met and you do listen to me."

I quickly backed away from him. I realized what I said earlier as I wipe the tears away from my face and glanced at him who is also staring at me. I stood up from the floor where we were sitting down the whole time. I ran into his arms as soon as he opened that door causing us to sit in the floor.

"Where you going?" He questions as he stood up, too. "Don't tell me you're leaving after wetting my t-shirt and stretching it."

"Shut up!" I responded. "I'm thinking. I don't know what to do next."