Chapter 19

I sit on a bench and stare at my navy blue shoes on the cobblestone ground.

"Jessie," I hear him yell. My head shoots up to where the sound was coming from. "Are you coming?" He looks at me questioningly.

"Yeah." He got over that fast. I jog up to Zayn. He pulls his hand out of his jacket pocket and out to me. I take it reluctantly. Friends do that, right? We walk through the busy zoo, which is almost too crowded for a Monday.

"Jess," I hear someone whisper, but for some reason, it sounds distant. I turn my head to the left. I can see no one that I know. The voice is so familiar, though.

I look back up to Zayn. "Is everything okay?" he asks.

"Yeah, it was nothing." I try to squeeze his hand, but it seems to crumble as I do. I try again, but I can feel that whatever was there before is now gone.

"We're home, baby," I hear from the same unknown voice.

"Mm?" I open my eyes. I move my hand, which is most definitely not holding Zayn's. I am in Harry's car. I am in my dress. It must still be our anniversary night. "How long was I asleep for?" I say while stretching.

He shrugs. "About 45 minutes."

I frown. He must have been bored, all alone like that. "You could've woken me up, I would've been okay," I say, although I do not know how much of that was true.

"No, it was fine." He smiles. "You talk in your sleep."

"I do?" This is problematic. I was dreaming about a memory with Zayn. "What was I saying?" I ask urgently.

"Something about me being the sexiest man on the planet. How you'd die without me," he smirks.

"Yeah, I bet." I roll my eyes. "Why am I with you again?" I breathe.

"Because I am, quote, 'the best boyfriend ever'," he says confidently.

"I said you might be the best boyfriend ever," I say while trying to hide a smile. "Don't ruin it for yourself."

We both sit in the car doing nothing, really. I guess we are just both too lazy to move.

"Let's go inside," Harry insists.

"Carry me?" I pout.

He throws me his keys, gets out of the car, and shuts the door. He walks around the front of the car to my side, where I wait for him, unbuckled and holding my shoes, purse, and the keys in my lap. Somehow, it works out so that Harry is carrying me bridal style. He walks me up to the front of his second story apartment.

"Erm, the stairs," he points out.

"I trust you," I say. I really do not want to walk up stairs. I nestle my head against his chest and close my eyes, too tired to care about the the possible doom.

He takes a deep breath and moves up the first step. The second step he takes is uneasy, and it scares me into opening my eyes. "Ok maybe I will get down," I say, and I struggle to be free of his grip.

"No, no. I want to do this now." I look into his eyes, which are filled with crazy. Enough crazy that I do not bother to argue.

He takes the next step, and my arms tighten around his neck. The next one, and I hide my eyes on his shoulder. "Please,please, please be careful," I beg as he continues up the stairs.

He stops, and I open my eyes. We are alive at the top of the stairs. I look at Harry. He huffs. "Was that so bad?" he asks with a prideful countenance.