Chapter 30

I stay in the bedroom to calm myself down before going to confront Harry. I can hear him in the kitchen, moving dishes and opening the refrigerator door. All very loudly. I sigh and start walking to the kitchen.

If I could be less nervous, this would all be so much easier. I've already gotten rid of the stubborn part of me. I plan on going into this begging on my knees if I have to. But since he is being so unapproachable, I can't calm the fuck down and act normal.

I walk down the hallway on my toes, attempting to see him before he sees me. When I do see him, his head is buried in the refrigerator.

I sneak into the living room before he can look and I lean on the back of couch.

I am seriously wondering what he is doing in the kitchen that is making so much noise. Before, I was thinking that he was breaking things, but I know Harry isn't about making a fuss like that. He laughs at the people who do that.

I watch him in the kitchen quietly. He has a bowl and a box of cereal on the counter, and he's getting milk from the fridge. Cereal. Okay.

He comes out of the fridge and slams its door again, and I jump. His eyes dart over to me as he notices me. I tense up.

He stares at me for a second, looking like he is deciding if I'm important or not, and then just as quick, goes back to making his cereal.

Goddammit Harry, are you really doing this?

I wanted him to be at least responsive. I don't even care that he is mad, I expected it. But he wanted to know how I felt about Zayn, so I went and talked and figured it out and now I'm here to tell him. Can't he act like he wants to know? Because in reality, he does.

I stand up and clear my throat. "Harry," I say.

He continues making his cereal, pouring in the milk and then putting the carton back into the refrigerator. He does not say or do anything in response to me.

I want to cry a lot. He isn't even giving me a chance. How do I get him to talk to me? To see me? If I just get in his face, he'll be even more pissed, but I can't sit here and let him act like I don't exist.

As he starts to walk out of the kitchen and I realize he is going back to bed, I know I have to move quickly. I can't be cautious anymore. I jog to him. I reach out to his arm to stop him. "I talked to Zayn and-"

He glares at me, and then lowers his eyes to my outstretched hand. I glance down at it with him. Fuck Harry, are you serious? I meet his eyes again, which are refusing to back down. I slowly bring my arm back down to my side and retreat to the seat on the couch.

"And we decided on some things," I say. Beg on your knees, if you have to, I tell myself.

He backs up a bit and decides to rest on the wall and eat his cereal. He says nothing, but even his silence comes off bitterly. Regardless, I sigh, thankful that he is stopping to hear me out.

He looks at me with expectant eyes. He wants me to say something that I don't know how to say, so I start from the beginning, being as vague as possible.

"We talked about the kiss, and everything that had to do with it."

I watch him roll his eyes. "Yes, I understand that. Now tell me what happened. What did you decide?" He asks.

I don't know if I should be happy that he answered me or not. On the one hand, we are at least conversing now. But on the other hand, God, it came off so angry.

What did we decide, he asked me. I don't want him to get any wrong ideas of what happened. Because what did occur does not reflect how I feel about Zayn now, or how it will be between us anymore.