Chapter 31

"Ok, I have a joke," Harry says to me in an already giggly voice.

I hold my cell phone in one hand up to my ear and drive with the other. I speak into the phone with a smile on my face. I live for his cheesy jokes. "Ok, what?"

"Why does Santa have no kids?"

I'm already laughing. Santa is one of the cutest things I've heard him say since I met him. "Why?" I ask.

"Because he only comes once a year."

I let go of the steering wheel and cover my mouth. Holy crap, I was not expecting that.

"Oh my God, Harry." I hear him laughing a lot through the phone. I start to giggle with him. I know he only told me the joke to hear my reaction, and it's kind of funny. "You're nasty," I tell him, but he's still laughing.

I have to say, I am really glad we are back together. It has been the most fun with him since we cleared everything that was happening before. We almost never talk about it or about Zayn. It's been two weeks since I left Zayn that text, and he has not texted me, called me, or showed up randomly at my door yet. It's been pretty amazing. Everything looks okay right now.

"How much farther do you think you have?" Harry asks me.

"Probably another 10 minutes." I watch the rain fall onto the windshield. It's been so long since I've been with my whole family for Christmas. My brother Isaac moved to California, so I have not seen him in two and a half years. Plus I missed my sister Eve's 11th birthday this year because I had the flu, and my mom would kill me if I missed Christmas. So I'm going to stay with them for the week. While I'm with my family, Harry is going to visit his.

Today is the 21st. I won't be back home until the night of the 28th. I'm actually excited to see my family all together.

"Drive carefully. You know how you are," Harry mumbles.

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing. But just consider the fact that you're talking on the phone while driving in this storm."

I take the phone down from my ear and put it on speaker. "It's on speaker, Harry," I say.

"You just put it on speaker, didn't you?"

I scoff. "No."

"You can't even lie over the phone."

"I'm a great liar," I say proudly.

Too proudly. Silence rings on both ends of the line. Memories of all the times I've lied to him run through my mind. I hold my breath. I know he is remembering them all too.

Shit I'm an idiot. I shouldn't be bragging about being a great liar right after he forgave me for lying to him. And what is he supposed to say back to it? 'Yes you definitely are, I would've never caught you with Zayn if Louis didn't tell me' or 'No I knew you were a fucking whore'? I hear him take a breath.

"You can't even lie about being a good liar," he says, with a smile I can gladly hear.

I relax, but I'm still anxious to end our conversation. "Whatever," I say. "I have to go anyway, since it's so dangerous driving and talking on the phone."

"No, wait."

"Goodbye, Harry."

"Jessie."

The corner of my mouth raises as I hear his small panic. "What?"

"Have fun with your family," he says softly.

"You too, babe."

"And stay out of trouble, okay?"

All is Fair: Zayn Malik FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara