|nine|

A loud slam coming from downstairs, woke Selena out of her nap she took after the kids fell asleep. She looked outside of Mercy's bedroom window to see King pull off. She got a glimpse of his face and he looked angry.

"What the hell happened?" Selena said to herself.

Selena turned off the TV in Mercy's bedroom and went downstairs. She saw Mercy's coat and her heels on the floor. Selena heard a loud sob followed by a couple sniffles and went in the direction she heard it from. It was coming from the kitchen.

Selena walked in the kitchen to see Mercy sitting on the counter eating butter pecan ice cream from the tub, her favorite kind of ice cream. Her denim jumpsuit buttons were unbuttoned and her boobs were on display in a bra.

Selena walked over to a drawer in the kitchen and took out a spoon. Walking over to the sink, she ran the spoon under hot water for a moment. She walked back over to Mercy and started eating ice cream with Mercy. Her best friend was hurting and she could tell. Mercy looked down at Selena and started crying even harder.

"I hate him" She said in between sobs. Selena grabbed Mercy's hand and led her to the living room. They both sat down and Mercy laid her head in Selena's lap.

"Tell me what happened" Mercy took in a deep breath and sighed as she let it out.

"Ugh okay"

King pulled up to one of the fancy restaurants in Downtown Rochester, The Crystal Exchange. "King, you did not have to take me here. I'm simple and you know that. We could've just gone to Buffalo Wild Wings or something"

"Shut up Mercy. I wanted to take you here because you deserve to be here okay? After everything you've been through, you deserve this. Now be quiet and allow me to wine and dine you" Mercy turned her head as she attempted to hide her wide smile.

"Don't hide that beautiful smile from me" King said as he leaned forward and pecked Mercy on her lips. He parked in the front of the restaurant and handed his keys to the valet. When King got over to Mercy's side of the car he scolded Mercy for getting out of the car. He wanted to open the door for her.

"Next time, wait until I come over to open your door. Alright?" Mercy nodded as she kissed him on his cheek, as to say that she was sorry. She realized that tonight, King was really trying to be a gentleman.

Both of them walked through the doors of the restaurant and walked to the front. Around this time is when a reservation is needed and you have to pay more for that, but one of King's co-workers has a little brother that is a waiter here. King spotted the kid and nodded to him. Before the person at the front asked about the reservation, the kid took over and took the couple to their table.

They were seated in a booth to the side. "Good look" King said as he shook hands with the kid, slipping a $20 in his hand.

"Thank you sir. Your waiter should be out soon" The kid walked away and slipped the $20 in his pants pocket.

"I see you have connects" Mercy said as she peeked over at King and smirked at him. He smiled back and popped his invisible collar.

"Well you know" Mercy playfully rolled her eyes.

"Ew that is so played out, don't do that again" King shrugged and looked through the menu. "What are you getting baby?" Mercy asked. She was looking through the menu and none of it really sparked her interest. Deep down, she would rather go to McDonald's or even DQ, over this fancy stuff. But since King wanted to wine and dine her, she kept that thought inside.