|twenty-five|

Middle of June

"Mommy come on and play!" Marjae said as she ran towards Mercy with Zion running up behind her.

"Mama!" Zion cheerfully yelled at Mercy as he tapped her bare legs. "What Z?!" She mimicked his tone.

"Play play!" Mercy smiled at her son as she picked him up and kissed his chubby cheeks, she put him back down and kissed her daughter all over her face.

"Baby take off your bracelet, I don't want you to accidentally break it while we're playing" Mercy told Marjae as she took of Zion's bracelet. Mercy decided to bring back a black family tradition of getting gold bracelets for her kids with their first name letter initial on it. And as they get older, she'll get the bracelet chain extended.

Marjae handed the bracelet back to Mercy and she put it in her cross-body bag along with Zion's. "Okay now mommy can come play!"

They played on the playground for a couple more hours until Zion and Marjae got tired. Zion was falling asleep in the baby swing and Marjae was laying down on a bench next to the swing set.

It was Friday and it was King's weekend to have them. He's actually been stepping up to the plate and caring for the kids more, which makes Mercy happy. He moved out of his mom's house and got a three-bedroom apartment for Marjae and Zion. He stopped staying out late and handing the kids over to his mom.

Him and Mercy are friends and both made it clear that it's better for them to stay that instead of going back and forth and confusing the kids.

Mercy pulled out her phone and texted King.

We're on our way

Ok

Did they eat?

Nope.

"Alright babies, it's time to go with Daddy" Mercy picked up Zion and walked over to Marjae and picked her up. She admired both her kids as she walked to her car.

After getting them both buckled up and secured, she drove over to King's place. "Mommy are we going to see Daddy?" Marjae asked as she woke up. Mercy looked at her through the rear view. "Yes we are darling"

A few minutes later they were at his place and he was standing outside. Marjae unbuckled herself and grabbed her Incredibles duffle bag and ran to King. Mercy unbuckled Zion and he was still knocked out. She grabbed his Transformers bag and closed the car door shut, walking over to King.

"This boy surely can sleep" King joked.

"And we all know who he gets it from" Mercy replied, making King chuckle.

"I'll drop them off on Sunday. Love you and drive safe. Text me when you get home" King said as he walked into the apartment building.

We still on for tonight?

Hell yeah

What movies did you get?

John Wick 2; The Fate of the Furious; Sleepless