Natsu's Doubts

Lucy's POV

Natsu gently sets me on the bed, while I'm still in wolf form. Wendy walks over and heals my leg. "I can't heal it all the way Lucy-san. I'm sorry" I lick her chin, making her giggle. "Here, I'll at least wrap it for you." She grabs some wraps from the cabinet and gently lifts up my leg and wraps it. "So Wendy, is it broken or just wounded?" Natsu asks. I tilt my head as Wendy sighs. "Broken. Your fang cut into the bone." Natsu looks away in guilt. I growl. 'Its not your fault!' Natsu looks at me. "Yes it is! I was too weak to stop the fucking collar from taking over me!" Wendy leaves the room in a rush. I bark at him. 'You don't think about how I feel! I was too weak to get the chains off! I couldn't stop the collar either! I hurt Erza for Mavis sake! I scared the pups!' I sigh and look away from Natsu's shocked face. 'I'm mad at you. Leave or I'll leave. Talk to me when you have your head straight.' I bury my nose under my tail. "But Luc-" I growl. 'Fine! I'll leave' I slowly stand up but Natsu pushes me down. "Fine. I'll leave. Don't fucking move.". I growl at his tone of voice then flinch when he slams the door closed. I sigh and then curl into a ball. Sometimes I have to get him angry for things to go through his head.

 I lift my head when the door opens. The kids rush in. "Mom!" 'Hi kids.' Nash and Luna hug me but Ryuu closes the door and looks at me. "Why's dad mad?" I sigh. 'He think's its his fault I'm hurt. He also thinks he's weak.' Luna lifts her head. "He's not weak. He's the opposite! Why would he think its his fault?" I sigh. 'the collar we were wearing mad us turn bad. When my collar got off of me, he was forced to hurt me. he thinks he was to weak to stop it.' Nash pets my back. "It wasn't his fault. He couldn't help it!" I lick his cheek. 'I told him that. But he won't listen.' Ryuu points his thumb at the door. "He's drinking his butt off now. You want us to stop it?" I growl and stand up. 'No I'll do it. Go play with the other kids ok?' "R-right!" I slowly stand up and jump off the bed. Ryuu opens the door and I limp over to the bar, where Natsu was drinking fire whiskey. 'Stop drinking! It's not good for you or the kids!' Natsu growls and looks down at me. "I thought I told you not to fucking move!" I growl. 'when will you get it through your head! You are not weak and you are not at fault!' Natsu sighs. "Fine, I'll stop drinking." I nod. 'good. Now if you'll excuse me I'm taking a nap.' Natsu immediately picks me up and carries me to the infirmary. Natsu sets me on the bed then transforms. He curls himself up behind me and puts his chin on my shoulder. I yawn then fall asleep.